Graphics card problem?

tartio

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
When I turn on my computer, it powers on just fine, all parts are running, and running smoothly; however, the monitor is black, but with the backlight on. It shows that it has a signal, but does not show anything, just a black screen. I have tried switching around the RAM sticks, and reseating the GPU, but it hasn't worked. I tried the RAM sticks one at a time, both didn't fix anything. People told me to turn it on and listen for the Windows 7 sound, and personally, I have never heard it before, and I didn't hear it. People also told me to try the other display port, which didn't work either. Everything seems to be running, but no display is going through.

However, what may have lead to this graphics card problem is I have heard weird clicks, or variations of such from my graphics card, and it doesn't seem to be the common hard drive problem. Wondering if you guys are able to track it down.

tartio

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

I did get just one beep each time I started. I have not tried the Graphics Card in another computer, the other computers we have are very old Dell computers with integrated cards. No onboard graphics on my mobo.