Sign in with
Your question

Did anyone notice this on Rage3D.com? Leaked Specs!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 19, 2010 2:59:02 AM

i thought that the upcoming 6000 series still using 40nm process?
m
l
July 19, 2010 3:28:33 PM

From what I understand from reading the low end to mid end uses .40nm, but the high end series are on .28nm harder to manufacture but it worth it at .28nm because you have the next highend card that a generation and a falf higher than the competition in other words 1.5x better or a buck and 2 quarters!
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 19, 2010 3:41:42 PM

there are so many rumor floating around the net right now. the best rumor i ever heard of is the next ATI midrange card (6770) will be 30% more powerful than GTX480 while retain the same power consumption of 5770 :D 
m
l
July 19, 2010 3:56:42 PM

Or that image is faked? I'd like to see something more substantial.
m
l
July 19, 2010 4:05:01 PM

my guess is if the 6000 series is from Southern Islands and not Northern Islands (delayed due to GloFo not using 32nm but going to 28nm) will be 50% better than the current gen (as they will be using 40nm with some NI features), but also probably use close to 50% more power as well

as for NI, it's really too hard to tell since it is so far away, though i suppose how good SI does might be a reflection on NI
m
l
July 19, 2010 4:08:04 PM

that image doesn't mean anything. anyone could have made that graph.
m
l
July 19, 2010 4:09:19 PM

so far i haven't seen consistent rumor on ATI upcoming 6000 series but one that do we can take as true right now is this card might come out this year since AMD already talking about it

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/201007152245...

about the performance we might get a glimpse of the true performance of these card when they are close to release
m
l
July 19, 2010 4:12:27 PM

yeah, that is southern islands for a roughly October 2010 release

i hope they make SI 6 series and NI 7 series, just to avoid confusion later on

but i am waiting to see performance numbers as if they are good enough, i will buy a whole new desktop when Zambezi (Bulldozer for desktop enthusiats) comes out, which will then give me new GPU, cpu, and chipset hurray!
m
l
July 19, 2010 4:21:11 PM

mindless728 said:
yeah, that is southern islands for a roughly October 2010 release

i hope they make SI 6 series and NI 7 series, just to avoid confusion later on

but i am waiting to see performance numbers as if they are good enough, i will buy a whole new desktop when Zambezi (Bulldozer for desktop enthusiats) comes out, which will then give me new GPU, cpu, and chipset hurray!

As For me I think the Phenom IIx6 95watt edition sounds perfect with the less power consumption and a new redesign that amounts to less leaky capacitators or maybe .28nm is ready putting .32nm germanium to rest! Which has been on the market for a while!
m
l
July 19, 2010 4:27:39 PM

GunBladeType-T said:
As For me I think the Phenom IIx6 95watt edition sounds perfect with the less power consumption and a new redesign that amounts to less leaky capacitators or maybe .28nm is ready putting .32nm germanium to rest! Which has been on the market for a while!

well here's the thing, i could add the PII x6, but the 95w really doesn't matter as i would be OC'ing heavily and since my boards doesn't like high base clocks (luck of the draw) i would be going 1090T, but i could just wait and buy a whole new setup

though really we should get back to topic about how fake the chart is, which looks very fake as there is no setup details, its just a chart that anyone could do in photo shop quite quick
m
l
July 19, 2010 5:19:10 PM

mindless728 said:
well here's the thing, i could add the PII x6, but the 95w really doesn't matter as i would be OC'ing heavily and since my boards doesn't like high base clocks (luck of the draw) i would be going 1090T, but i could just wait and buy a whole new setup

though really we should get back to topic about how fake the chart is, which looks very fake as there is no setup details, its just a chart that anyone could do in photo shop quite quick

As Far as Me I wouldn't bother overclockinh unless they gave me some space metal from Phantasy Star and I could overclock higher than 10GHZ P-IV (2004) netburst architecture or 300GHz .32nm
m
l
!