800 (+/-100) Gaming

Monkeyninja

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Sooner the better

BUDGET RANGE: 800ish

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming--->Music/internet usage

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Psu, case, anything that will be plugging into the back, and Hdd(not required.. but my current is only 320 gigs running windows vista 32 bit.. so its not like im against making it pretty much anything else..)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS:Newegg

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Mordor.. i mean usa...

PARTS PREFERENCES: Amd.. i guess? But i dont really care.. but i dont wanna have to update my mobo everytime i want a new cpu heh

OVERCLOCKING: Ya.. i guess i hear its not to hard now.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: prolly not

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1680x1050

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I was thinking the 5850/and 965 be but i dunno anymore since pretty much everywhere i read i get a differnt viewpoint haha..
Oh and if you can fit cpu mobo gpu and ram with money to spare (and not making it suck hehe) and can get a new os id love you long time.. ;p (vista makes me sad)

Hmm best elaborate what case/psu u on but 800ish with carefully picked out parts can give one a monster frames/$$ config on AM3/DDR3 hehe My $855 config for reference
if useful ^^
Untitled-1718.jpg

Monkeyninja

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
Ah my bad, my psu is a OCZ GameXstream 700 W Power Supply im pretty sure (im sure its ocz and 700w and atleast like.. a year and a half old) the case on the other hand i have no idea, but its kinda cramped with just a 8800 gts 512 in there so i assume id have to make that bigger too to fit new tech in.

I also forgot that i probably dont need a dvd drive either ( It works well still, you just have to give it a "tap" to open it... ok maybe i could do with a new one.. haha)

I almost forgot! Thanks for replying! :D

Monkeyninja

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
Also is the 5850 that much of a worse card than the 5870? 100 less than the 5870.. thats alot of top ramen(college diet)

ps. id get the cpu/gpu combo you posted reguardless since that deal is amazing, but im not getting -40$ like you for some reason so its hovering over 500 which makes me sad :(

Monkeyninja

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
5dv2n6.jpg

So i ditch the 5870 infavor of the 5850 and use the money on ram with better timings(and a prettyer color.... haha) and windows anythingbutvista 7 Whatca think?

Edit: oops i think i got the wrong windows 7 on this combo, but it doesnt look like im missing anything getting it instead of retail besides microsoft support.. :pt1cable: am i? :whistle: