RMA'd SSD Recieved Different Model

Gooday,

I had two OCZ Agility 3's in RAID 0 and one died. I RMA'd it with OCZ smooth and excellent process by the way. I was excited to get my computer back up and running until I opened the box. I RMA'd an Agility 3's and received what looks like a brand new un opened Vertex 3. Great job on their part a new and upgraded SSD. Great Job OCZ. now the issue I have been raiding for over 10 years but have always used the same drives. do you think that the vertex 3 and Agility 3 are similar enough to RAID 0? or should I just leave the two as separate disks? I guess I could also mount the disk. I know that running a vertex 3 and Agility 3 on RAID 0 will work but do you guys think it will cause any issues?

Thanks

Solution
I'd keep it in RAID 0 personally.
I have a similiar configuration (two 256gb Samsung 830s on a Maximus V Extreme) and average 850mbs-1,000mb on read and write on the Intel SATA III ports.

As for OSes, either one is fine. I've actually found I like Win 8 better just because it has much better native support for a lot of things such as multiple monitors and disk images, and does seem a little more responsive on my machine.

Give Win 8 a try for a week or two if you have access to it and then make your decision.
Took me a good week before I got used to it, but once I did it suited me a bit better than Win 7 (although Win 7 is still a great OS).

abbadon_34

Distinguished
They are so similar I doubt you would see a difference in your array, and I can't see and issues it would cause. It would be like a 5400rpm and 7200rpm together, probably less. The real question is are you getting the most out of them by running RAID0, dependant on chipset and OS. Usually the benefits of RAID0 for SSD's minimal compared to the inherant costs, so unless you really need the RAID0 and know your hardware and software fully support SSD's, go separate.

aramisathei

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
I'd keep it in RAID 0 personally.
I have a similiar configuration (two 256gb Samsung 830s on a Maximus V Extreme) and average 850mbs-1,000mb on read and write on the Intel SATA III ports.

As for OSes, either one is fine. I've actually found I like Win 8 better just because it has much better native support for a lot of things such as multiple monitors and disk images, and does seem a little more responsive on my machine.

Give Win 8 a try for a week or two if you have access to it and then make your decision.
Took me a good week before I got used to it, but once I did it suited me a bit better than Win 7 (although Win 7 is still a great OS).

Solution