edenbensal

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
Hello,

My current spec:
Processor: Intel Core i7 920 8M Cache, 2.66 GHz, 4.80 GT / s
Motherboard: Intel Desktop Board DX58SO
Memory: G. SKILL 3GB Kit DDR3 PC3-10666 CL9
Graphics Card: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5450 512MB DDR2 (upgrading to GTX570)
Power Supply: Seasonic SS-500ET
Storage: Intel X25-M G2 80GB + Samsung 500GB Spinpoint F3
Case: HEC Compucase 6A19B
Screen: Samsung T220P - Resolution 1920X1200

I saw the recommended system requirements and in CRYSIS written 2GB Ram memory.
In CRYSIS 2 is written 3GB and 4GBfor optimal requirements.
Mafia 2 written 2GB.

In short, I see that I don't need to upgrade to 6/12GB for now (maybe in a few months).
Although I would gladly upgrade now but it's too much spending (video card, power supply - if necessary, memory).
The 3GB Ram I have right now on my computer can hurt the game experience? Or it will just be more critical for future games require more memory?

r3xx3r

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
i would stick with the 3GB of ram for now. upgrading your video card will make a huge difference, and the price of RAM just keeps dropping, so the longer you wait, the less you'll pay (up to a certain point)

Be aware that anything over 4 GB of ram will require that you upgrade to a 64-bit operating system in order to use the ram over 4 gb. An upgrade to 64-bit will require a clean install of the OS, which means a re-install of ALL of your programs and games.

In my opinion, 3GB is just barely enough. You would see an immediate boost in performance with an upgrade to 6GB of RAM, not just in games but in everyday usage of the system. As another poster pointed out, this would require a 64-bit operating system -- but it would definitely be worth it.

Once you upgrade your graphics card, the memory will definitely be holding you back. Get 6GB and a 64-bit OS as soon as humanly possible.

edenbensal

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
You helped me a lot! thank!
I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit so I will not need to reinstall the OS if I will upgrade the memory.
In fact r3xx3r right, the price just keeps dropping so I will wait or buy now (In my country I can buy 6GB memory of GSKILL in 90$.
Do you recommended to upgrade to 6 Or 9 GB? (My motherboard support triple Chanel memory)