Solved

What are my options?

I posted something along these lines about last week but i didnt specify that it was a slimline model.

This is the system i have unfortunatly heres the link

Don't flame me :P

http://answers.walmart.com/answers/1336/product/12347231/questions.htm

Dont laugh i know i got it from walmart but it was cheap for what i originally needed it for but now i need to play games on it :)

AMD Athlon II dual-core processor
4gb RAM
Nvidia 6150se.
500gb HDD

I know im gonna need to upgrade the psu.

Is there any card that is even worth spending the money to upgrade it. I play Aion on this thing and its running a onboard 6150 se so it looks terrible.

I'm gonna build another pc but i need something better for this one for the fiance we want to play together.

Was looking at the Radeon 4870 originally but i think the width would be a little to much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for you time in advance.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what options
  1. These slim line PC's have severe fitting issues with normal cards. I dont know what would fit coz i dont know the depth of the cabinet.

Also, which AMD dual core processor? RAM config would be helpful.
  2. hell_storm2004 said:
    These slim line PC's have severe fitting issues with normal cards. I dont know what would fit coz i dont know the depth of the cabinet.

Also, which AMD dual core processor? RAM config would be helpful.

here you go ^.^

AMD II X2 215 processor 2.7GHz

2x2 2 sticks of 2

sorry im still fairly new as you can tell xD

maybe this will help you :)

http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Hewlett-Packard-HP-Pavilion-Slimline-p6203w-b-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-Athlon-Dual-Core-Processor-20-LCD-Monitor-Wind
  3. Well your processor wont get you very far, its barely faster than a Celeron, wont play multi-threaded games at all.. Word of advice, don't get these piled up configs. They are a waste.

To your questions, you don't have much option. Keep it as a secondary PC, save some money and get a a new one.
  4. Well i was just seeing my options as i bought it for school to begin with. thanks for the advice.
  5. hell_storm2004 said:
    Well your processor wont get you very far, its barely faster than a Celeron, wont play multi-threaded games at all.. Word of advice, don't get these piled up configs. They are a waste.

To your questions, you don't have much option. Keep it as a secondary PC, save some money and get a a new one.

Is there any setup you would recommend for about 500-600? i know thats alot to ask. i do not need a OS or a monitor though.
  6. 500-600 what? pounds, dollars, yen??? Its not an issue. Feel free to ask. :) Also search the forum, there are lots of posts which are there for building gaming PC's!
  7. hell_storm2004 said:
    500-600 what? pounds, dollars, yen??? Its not an issue. Feel free to ask. :) Also search the forum, there are lots of posts which are there for building gaming PC's!

Oh so sorry :P USD btw. ill search around also.
  8. Best answer
    AMD 955BE.
    GIGABYTE GA-770T-UD3.
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin.
    WD HDD depending on your needs.
    A good cabinet.
    Corsair TX650W PSU.
    HD5770.

I think i have overshot your budget! :p

Please check your local prices and also for others to comment.
  9. haha very nice though maybe i can pawn this thing for like 200 bucks lol.
  10. Best answer selected by obscurcis.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics