Sign in with
Your question

Should you wait on ATI for 3d vision?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
July 19, 2010 11:52:57 AM

I found this interesting read, what do you think about nVidia's vendor lock-in techniques?

http://www.digitalversus.com/3d-films-and-games-with-gl...

More about : wait ati vision

July 19, 2010 2:56:55 PM

Im thinking that while I wholeheartedly want to support rhe AMD solution if it runs on 60hz screens then stuttering or 1/2 resolution is going to be end result.
a b U Graphics card
July 19, 2010 4:00:19 PM

Cannibalsnail said:
Im thinking that while I wholeheartedly want to support rhe AMD solution if it runs on 60hz screens then stuttering or 1/2 resolution is going to be end result.

at the same time you could go out and buy a 120Hz screen (the same ones NV recommends) and get 60Hz per eye
Related resources
July 19, 2010 4:16:33 PM

The article is very interesting, but honestly, ATI is sort of following in Nvidia's footsteps here if their glasses will only work with ATI cards. Thats kind of a contradiction from what their original purpose was: to make an open source type of product that works with more economical displays and with more products- by still only allowing them to work with their driver sets.
July 19, 2010 4:31:15 PM

nvidia requires you to have 2x cards from the gtx 4xx series while ati only requires one hd 5xxx series card, but id rather put in 2 cards anyway since the performance on such resolution is not very good with a single 5870 for example.
July 19, 2010 6:16:50 PM

combatpro said:
nvidia requires you to have 2x cards from the gtx 4xx series while ati only requires one hd 5xxx series card, but id rather put in 2 cards anyway since the performance on such resolution is not very good with a single 5870 for example.

You only need multiple 400 series cards if you want to do 3D Vision Surround. I assume that's what you're referring to.
!