Should you wait on ATI for 3d vision?

I found this interesting read, what do you think about nVidia's vendor lock-in techniques?

http://www.digitalversus.com/3d-films-and-games-with-glasses-from-ati-before-christmas-article-1086.html
5 answers Last reply
More about should wait vision
  1. Im thinking that while I wholeheartedly want to support rhe AMD solution if it runs on 60hz screens then stuttering or 1/2 resolution is going to be end result.
  2. Cannibalsnail said:
    Im thinking that while I wholeheartedly want to support rhe AMD solution if it runs on 60hz screens then stuttering or 1/2 resolution is going to be end result.

at the same time you could go out and buy a 120Hz screen (the same ones NV recommends) and get 60Hz per eye
  3. The article is very interesting, but honestly, ATI is sort of following in Nvidia's footsteps here if their glasses will only work with ATI cards. Thats kind of a contradiction from what their original purpose was: to make an open source type of product that works with more economical displays and with more products- by still only allowing them to work with their driver sets.
  4. nvidia requires you to have 2x cards from the gtx 4xx series while ati only requires one hd 5xxx series card, but id rather put in 2 cards anyway since the performance on such resolution is not very good with a single 5870 for example.
  5. combatpro said:
    nvidia requires you to have 2x cards from the gtx 4xx series while ati only requires one hd 5xxx series card, but id rather put in 2 cards anyway since the performance on such resolution is not very good with a single 5870 for example.

You only need multiple 400 series cards if you want to do 3D Vision Surround. I assume that's what you're referring to.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards 3D ATI Nvidia Graphics