Why does office connection drop on just one outlet at same time daily?

rustedwalleye

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Typically I do not ask for help on these issues, but I have one that is baffling me.

I have one outlet in our network setup that has issues related to disconnecting at approximately the same time every workday, and lasts for about an hour, where the connection is very intermittent.

I know for a fact that it is not the computer, as this computer I am typing on I have had located at several other outlets and have had no problems. Other computers I have placed at this desk have ran into the same issue as well.

I have a hard time pointing a finger at the outlet because it runs perfectly fine majority of the time.

My setup has the modem feeding a 24 port switch which feeds the server and all other connections. During this downtime I can access the server with no issues (ruling out the outlet), I can ping majority of sites with some lost packets, and I also can tracert typical sites, even though I cannot connect to them through the web browser.

Again this is only on this one outlet, otherwise connections are flawless no matter where I connect otherwise.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

graywolf

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Please remove your email address, which can be grabbed by spammers.

Is someone else using that computer? If so, are they going to a particular site at a certain time daily or making a Skype call, or anything else that might strain the bandwidth? Does the Event Viewer show anything?

rustedwalleye

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
I finally tracked an event to it actually happening. This is the message in the event viewer:

This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain MID-STATES due to the following:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is connected to the network. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

ADDITIONAL INFO
If this computer is a domain controller for the specified domain, it sets up the secure session to the primary domain controller emulator in the specified domain. Otherwise, this computer sets up the secure session to any domain controller in the specified domain.

If you can give me any insight on the message, but I am starting to understand a little more of what is taking place, just not fully.

I will keep attempting different things to see if I can get this figured out. If you have any ideas that will help!