Closed Solved

Power supply issue

I bought a Lancool K-62 to upgrade my computer last week and I was transferring the components from my old case. I ziptied the bulk of the power cords since my case was tiny and air circulation was really bad. When I cut the ziptie I accidently cut off one wire.

I was wondering if its still safe to use this power supply, its only one cut black wire. I don't exactly know how to explain it, but the cut wire is part of a "group" thats has 2 4 pins and 2 SATA connectors.

Can I just stop using that "group" of wires and use the other ones? Or can I try soldering it together with zinc and tape it?

Thx for any help
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power supply issue
  1. its fine to repair it, if you know how, otherwise, wrap it up with electrical tape and don't use it - the main point being, not to harm yourself, not let it touch components/ case
  2. I know how to solder these things together, its just that I only have zinc available and I don't know if that's safe for the power supply.

Thanks, I just leave it alone for now. Besides, I still need to get an 20 pin extension cable since the PSU is now on the bottom.
  3. Best answer
    The black wire is a ground wire. You can safely patch and tape it, then use it.
  4. Best answer selected by fakesummon.
  5. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components