Gaming PC - First Time :)

jose1086

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
Helo,
How are you?

I need your Help to bulid a new Gaming PC for playing: Crysis, Metro 2033, Bad company2, Just cause 2

BUDGET :700$

CPU: AMD (Or any Suggestion)
MB: MSI (Or any Suggestion)
VGA: ATI (Or any Suggestion)
Case: any Suggestion
PS: GB (Or any Suggestion)
DVD: LG
RAM: KingSton
HD: WD

OVERCLOCKING: Yes
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

Thnaks
Aziz

Solution
More info would help. Check out the guidelines from the link in my signature. We really need to know if you already have anything and if you need a monitor and/or OS.

Here's a tentative build:

CPU/GPU: X3 440 and HD 5770 $198 after rebate
Mobo: ASRock 870 Extreme3 $90
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2 GB 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7 $93 after promo code
HDD/PSU: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB and Corsair 650W $135 after rebate
Case/Optical: Coolermaster 690 and cheap SATA DVD burner $73

Total: $589.

Quite a bit under budget, but the next step up is overbudget. If you don't mind being over by $21, you can get the HD 5850 for $255 (after promo code) instead of the 5770.
More info would help. Check out the guidelines from the link in my signature. We really need to know if you already have anything and if you need a monitor and/or OS.

Here's a tentative build:

CPU/GPU: X3 440 and HD 5770 $198 after rebate
Mobo: ASRock 870 Extreme3 $90
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2 GB 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7 $93 after promo code
HDD/PSU: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB and Corsair 650W $135 after rebate
Case/Optical: Coolermaster 690 and cheap SATA DVD burner $73

Total: $589.

Quite a bit under budget, but the next step up is overbudget. If you don't mind being over by $21, you can get the HD 5850 for $255 (after promo code) instead of the 5770.

Solution

Or you could get the NVidia GTX460, which is $229 and stay in budget

I don't particularly care for the 460. It's too weak to game at 1080p, and cheaper cards can handle lower resolutions just as well. It has the same problems as the HD 5830 did. The additional cost didn't match well with additional performance.

The 460 is definitely an excellent choice when a second is added in SLI. However, AMD chipsets don't natively support SLI, which can cause probelms. The chipsets that have built in support often cause compatibility issues with other parts. Given that the only way to avoid these issues is to buy an Intel CPU and chipset, which are completely out of budget, I can't come to recommend the 460.

They're basically equal in quality. I tend to land on the ASRock side on the more budget builds because they tend to pack in a few more features for a little less. Also, ASRock is the discount side of Asus, which is one of the top two board brands.