APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: this month BUDGET RANGE: - USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming [Team Fortress 2; StarCraft 2; a lot of FPS; a few RTS; all kind of old games/emulators.]; Watching movies CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: None / Corsair 650TX OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS:
Asus P7P55D PRO
2x 2GB G.skill ECo 1600Mhz CL7
2x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 (for Raid0)
CM 690 II Advanced
LG W2253V 21.5" PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: None PARTS PREFERENCES: ATI/Nvidia + reliable models OVERCLOCKING: No SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080 ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Will keep the computer turned ON most of the time (24/7)
Everything is already installed, just missing the GPU... haha
- 5770 XFX (not sure If I will get the desired perfomance for quite some time) - U$ 290*
- 5850 XFX (too expensive) - U$ 500*
- GTX 460 (EVGA 768MB) (????????) - U$ 365*
*Price converted to U$ of cards found in my country
Yes, it's expensive here!!
- Generally, which one has better drivers/stability/durability? (ATI or Nvidia)
- I've read that some people is having problems running TF2 (It's the game that I will play most) in GTX 460 (Like fpd drops or getting 70fps in a i5 750 + gtx 260)
- Which one will perfomance better with old games (earlier than year 2000) and emulators in general?