Solved

Question about the HD 5870 series

Hello. I was wondering if there is a difference in performance between the XFX 5870 and the other kinds of 5870 such as the Sapphire's Vapor-x. I mean performance as in will the games look any better or have that much better a framerate? Thank you!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about question 5870 series
  1. Best answer
    Each major mfr has the stock versions, and also offers other models that are factory OCed, you'll have to check each mfr's models to determine the clock/mem rates. OCed will likely increase the card's performance, but you'll have to decide if the higher prices for factory-OCed cardsare worth the 1 to 5 FPS inrease (which also depends on the game and the rest of your system components.)
  2. theres also the 2gb version of the 5870, it supports up to 6 monitors in eyefinity while as the original ones only support 3 monitors in eyefinity.
  3. Best answer selected by CoolMoose.
  4. Thanks Treefrog that helps a bunch!
  5. the vapor-x have a better cooler as well, and so does the latest xfx model, but i don't recommend paying more for an factory overclocked card since its very easy to overclock your self (you just drag a slider with your mouse and you're done)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance HD Graphics Product