Sign in with
Your question

Monitor goes to sleep 5 minutes into gaming!!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 19, 2010 4:08:54 PM

Okkkkk, the problem is, I play a game for arround 5-10 minutes and randomly the monitor goes to sleep and I cant wake it back up, the only thing I can do is by holding the power button and restarting. Also there is another problem, it only happens when I play a call of duty game, never happened to me when playing crysis, or GTA IV.
July 19, 2010 4:54:41 PM

Mister, what card, system, and power supply are you running. Also is this a laptop or a desktop? This could be a driver issue. I used to problems as my computer ran an older AGP card. With the AGP fixes that is no longer an issue. Your card could laso be overheating causing the system to reboot. Try updating to the newest driver, if that does nto work you may need to roll back to an older driver or reload the original driver settings. If you are not sure of the answers please try downloading CPUZ http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html . It should be able to give you more system details to provide so someone can ebtter help you get the asnwers you need.
m
l
July 19, 2010 5:45:22 PM

I am running a 550 wat power supplie with a BFG 9600gt OC. Its on a desktop. I tried updating the drivers but for some reason vista's automatic driver installation keeps installing the old ones. I tried turning it off but it still does it anyways :( 
m
l
Related resources
July 19, 2010 6:35:20 PM

evilavatar said:
Mister, what card, system, and power supply are you running. Also is this a laptop or a desktop? This could be a driver issue. I used to problems as my computer ran an older AGP card. With the AGP fixes that is no longer an issue. Your card could laso be overheating causing the system to reboot. Try updating to the newest driver, if that does nto work you may need to roll back to an older driver or reload the original driver settings. If you are not sure of the answers please try downloading CPUZ http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html . It should be able to give you more system details to provide so someone can ebtter help you get the asnwers you need.

I am running a 550 wat power supplie with a BFG 9600gt OC. Its on a desktop. I tried updating the drivers but for some reason vista's automatic driver installation keeps installing the old ones. I tried turning it off but it still does it anyways :( 
Revove from the list of quoted messages Add to the list of quoted messages Quick edit Edit this message
m
l
July 20, 2010 2:27:49 PM

Ok so is this a pcie card or a agp card. To get windows to stop reloading a new driver, you have to delete the driver it is loading for your video. If you ahve a restore disk keep it handy and don't delete anything if you are not sure what it is. the other trick is to find the name of the video driver and copy over it with the new driver in the windows foolder (usually in C:/windows/system 32 folder or some place like that. I will double check for you and see what I can find. I Have XP on my box so it may be a different path name). If the card is PCi-e you should be done and rocking a new card. If the card is AGP you will probably be getting the reload becuause you need an agp-hotfix driver instead of the regular driver.
m
l
July 20, 2010 2:28:28 PM

ok so the :/  is actually : / not a smiley lol
m
l
a c 217 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
a c 132 C Monitor
July 20, 2010 3:51:42 PM

misterWARFARE said:
Revove from the list of quoted messages Add to the list of quoted messages Quick edit Edit this message

You should have better luck installing drivers while in "safe mode". Just reboot, and just before windows starts to load, hit F8 until you get a menu to select safe mode.
m
l
!