Sign in with
Your question

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3- No temp readings after bios update.

Last response: in Motherboards
July 5, 2011 10:22:14 PM

Good day folks,

I am running an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 with Phenom II X6. As I over-clock most of my components and like to modify the airflow inside the box- I need to know the temperatures of all internal components where possible.

This has not been a problem when I used Speedfan, GPU-Z, and Core Temp utilities in the past. However, after a fresh bios update- I have not been able to see the core-temperature values for the CPU.

I see three possibilities, mobo fault, bad bios, or most probably a misconfiguration of some Bios parameter. Can anybody recommend what parameters I should double check in the Bios Config to check this out?
July 6, 2011 8:12:12 AM

I have the same setup as you, I updated my bios to the one of the latest last month that wasn't the FM1. I can read everything fine. Now, i had an issue where my cpu temp stuck at 45 and woudn't move. How i fixed it was a reset of the bios loosing my OC. I'm pretty sure what happened was my overclock screwed up something on the motherboard. What BIOS did you goto?
July 6, 2011 9:17:52 AM

Good day champ,

I have updated my bios to the M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 BIOS 2201, released on the 27.06 of this year. The update was necessary as I have a dual NVIDIA setup at the moment, and my older bios did not support this.

Resting the bios is an option if I don't find anything worthwhile that I can try before that. However, may go through all the bios configs again today just to check if there may be any specific option that I have misplaced.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
July 6, 2011 3:43:20 PM

When installing a new BIOS it is advised to reset the CMOS and load optimized defaults.
July 6, 2011 3:46:04 PM

Did both Wisecracker before the installation. And also after.
a b V Motherboard
July 12, 2011 1:44:21 AM

Kukushka said:
Did both Wisecracker before the installation. And also after.

Have you tried the Asus Probe utility?

If things don't start working it might be time for a trouble-ticket with Asus -- posting in the Asus forum might be a good place to start.

Also --- at XS in the AMD Forum there is an Asus mobo BIOS thread. An employee from Asus pops in from time-to-time and is responsible for BIOS updates (and borked revisions!)
!