Some Motherboards gives high Latency?

spirates

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Hello.

So Iam looking to buy a new computer and I have yet to decide what memory and motherboard I should buy.

I have been thinking of MSI P67A-GD55 REV B3, mainly because this one is popular on the swedish site iam buying from, or its big brother the MSI P67A-GD65 REV B3. One big reason why I consider those 2 are because I've read that its very easy to overclock the processor with those 2 boards. (and Iam a noob so easy would be great :p )

ANYWAY, everything seemed okej until I read a swedish post which i translated:

MSI does not use Intel gigabit LAN as network chip on their motherboards, while for example ASUS does. I can witness that I get better ping to the game servers with Intel NICs then I get with Realteks, differ about 10ms for me.

If this is true its HUGE, having low ms in games is very important to me.

Is this true? If you want to give advice on what motherboard i should get instead that would be great..

Other parts i'll get are intel i5-2500K processor and either GTX 460 or GTX 560

Intel LAN chips have proven to be better performers yes. However, they are more expensive so very few manufacturers use them. Those manufacturers that do use them usually only do so on the high-end boards. To find out which boards use them, you'll have to check reviews that go in-depth.