Shane

I have a user that every time she logs on to her system windows explorer
opens to the system32 folder. I have looked under start up for her user as
well as all users. I did not see anything in the registry as well. Can anyone
give me some ideas how to eliminate this problem.

Thanks

Hi Shane,

If you have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card, see:
www.kellys-korner.com/xp_tweaks.htm, Line 260
System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot

If not:
System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=170086

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Shane wrote:
> I have a user that every time she logs on to her system
> windows explorer opens to the system32 folder. I have
> looked under start up for her user as well as all users.
> I did not see anything in the registry as well. Can
> anyone give me some ideas how to eliminate this problem.
>
> Thanks

Shane

That soundblaster fix corrected the problem.

Thanks a ton.

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi Shane,
>
> If you have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card, see:
> www.kellys-korner.com/xp_tweaks.htm, Line 260
> System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot
>
> If not:
> System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=170086
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> Shane wrote:
> > I have a user that every time she logs on to her system
> > windows explorer opens to the system32 folder. I have
> > looked under start up for her user as well as all users.
> > I did not see anything in the registry as well. Can
> > anyone give me some ideas how to eliminate this problem.
> >
> > Thanks

You're welcome Share, and thanks for the feedback.