Sign in with
Your question

What power supply should i use with m4a77td

Last response: in Systems
August 23, 2010 8:02:56 PM

Hello,
Im building a new gaming pc and havent done so in about 7 years wow how things have changed i have a alienware predator 2.0 case a amd athlon 2 multi-core processor a m4a77td motherboard and plan on getting either the geforce gtx 295 or the radeon hd 5970 graphics card no ram or anything else bought yet but what power supply should i get to run these components properly? and i hope all these will work ok together?

More about : power supply m4a77td

August 23, 2010 8:12:48 PM

You might want to follow the guidelines from the link in my signature. We need to know exactly what you have already and what you're looking to spend. Include any links for the products you have. I already know that the board and CPU aren't the best anymore, but that might not matter. You'd be lucky if that case fit such a large GPU or have enough cooling for everything. I highly recommend you consider buying a new one.

Don't touch the 295. It's extremely old right now. As for what you need for the 5970, you'll want a good quality 650W PSU. The best brands (in no particular order) are Antec, Corsair, Silverstone, SeaSonic and XFX.
m
l
!