Sign in with
Your question

Case for PCI Long Card

Last response: in Components
November 10, 2010 2:57:57 PM

I have a PCI long card:

- 12.3 in. (31.24 cm) long (without edge retainer)
- 13.3 in. (33.78 cm) long (with edge retainer)

Can anybody recommend mid-tower or smaller cases that would allow for this card without breaking the bank? Seems like the drive bays often get in the way...

Thanks

More about : case pci long card

a c 91 ) Power supply
November 11, 2010 4:57:47 AM

OMG.!:-o That is one seriously long PCI card.. Well I am not aware of any budget cases that can fit that sort of lengthy cards.. Check out the CM HAF 922 and the CM Storm Sniper.. If they don't fit it then you have to shell out for a huge full tower case like the Lian-Li PC A70F..
m
l
a c 91 ) Power supply
November 11, 2010 4:57:59 AM

OMG.!:-o That is one seriously long PCI card.. Well I am not aware of any budget cases that can fit that sort of lengthy cards.. Check out the CM HAF 922 and the CM Storm Sniper.. If they don't fit it then you have to shell out for a huge full tower case like the Lian-Li PC A70F..
m
l
Related resources
November 11, 2010 12:15:57 PM

Looking at the pictures of the cases you mentioned, it doesn't look like there is a lot of room between the mother board and the drive bays.

I currently use an older Chieftec Dragon. Nice thing about it is that the drive bays don't go all the way to the bottom of the case. But it is older. 80mm fans, screws (pre-toolless).
m
l
a c 91 ) Power supply
November 11, 2010 7:23:51 PM

Don't get fooled by images.. Both those cases can accommodate the HD 5970 which is a little more than 12 images long..
m
l
!