Unable to change Read Only Attribute

Any idea why I cannot change attribute of a new folder that I opened under
C:\ (folder name is TEMP)? I am trying to uncheck the Read-only box, I then
click Apply, OK, and when I go back to Properties this box is still checked.

(I am an administrator).

Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about unable change read attribute

    In news:%23EIP7udbFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    John <ein_shem@hotmail.com> typed:

    > Any idea why I cannot change attribute of a new folder that I
    > opened
    > under C:\ (folder name is TEMP)? I am trying to uncheck the
    > Read-only
    > box, I then click Apply, OK, and when I go back to Properties
    > this
    > box is still checked.

    If you'll look more closely at the check mark in that Read-Only
    box, you'll see that it's gray, not black. You can also verify
    this by clicking a few times in the box; it will cycle among
    *three* states: unchecked, checked in black, and checked in gray.

    A black check means the item is read-only and an unchecked box
    means it's not read-only. But the gray check means that it's
    neither: the read-only attribute is not pertinent to folders.

    So no, your folders aren't read-only, and what you are seeing is
    perfectly normal. There's nothing to worry about and nothing to
    fix.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

Configuration Read Only Microsoft Windows XP