Please Advise! Budget Phenom II X6 Photoshop Build

I want to build a photoshop/lightroom machine, I will also use it for office, Itunes etc.. BUT no games, no video editing.

Here is what I am thinking of using:
- BIOSTAR TA890FXE AM3

- AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

- ATI 100-505606 FirePro V4800 1GB GDDR5 Workstation Card

- A-DATA ASINTS-80GM SSD

- Seagate Barracuda XT 6.0GB 2TB

I am a little confused about a power supply, I don't know what 12 rail is, what is a Basic reasonable power supply, and how powerful 650W? 700W? more? Suggestions would be great.

Also a basic sleek case, that is easy to get into (no glowing lights and doesn't cost $200)

Going to Start with 8GB Memory 2X4GB - any brand suggestions?

What would you suggest for cooling - nothing too expensive or TOO Loud.

Any other comments on the components I have listed above would be great!

I have a 24" Dell LCD, but I don't know if I want to keep it. A "prosumer" photography LCD suggestion would be great!

I am using 64bit Win 7 pro.

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about please advise budget phenom photoshop build
  1. Dump the 1055 idea, switch to Intel. The i5 750 is faster in PS. Unless you've seen different benchmarks then I have. You might want to reconsider getting that GPU. A GTS250 might be a good idea if you use its CUDA technology to help with PS.

http://www.overclock.net/graphics-cards-general/389996-cuda-significantly-accelerates-photoshop-cs4-premiere.html

A 500W PSU would be fine. Even a 450W would work. Antec, Corsair, Enermax, and Seasonic all make good PSUs. Chose from one of them.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Photoshop Systems