Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

AMD X4 9500 or Intel E8400?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 10, 2010 6:29:29 PM

Which one is best AMD x4 9500 or Intel E8400 and how big is the difference?

How much worse is an AMD athlon 64 x2 5000+ windsor?
and then how much better is a Q6600 compared to the ones i mentions above?

Thanks

Edit: Im mainly asking this because i have an ati 5770 and know that something is bottlenecking it, i suspect my athlon x2 CPU. So why am i asking? Because I want to upgrade my cpu since i lagg in Cod Black ops a whole lot (kept on spiking in it). If Black ops ran fine i wouldn't be bothered to upgrade.

More about : amd 9500 intel e8400

a c 105 à CPUs
November 10, 2010 6:50:53 PM

the Intel E8400 is the best of the bunch you listed. the q6600 is not a bad CPU if you over clock it to 3ghz+. the athlon x2 5000 is rather old in computer terms and the original phenoms where out dated the day they launched.

you can compare benchmarks here
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/33?vs=56
Score
0
November 10, 2010 7:02:38 PM

Do you believe my Athlon X2 is bottlenecking my system? I deffinately have a bottleneck but I have no idea were it is.

my system:

AMD690VM-FMH (board)
ATI 5770 HIS 1GB (GFX)
3GB ram DDR2 325MHz
a 350 watt psu (yes i know its low but it runs just fine :D )
AMD Athlon X2 64 5000+ 2.6GHz (Windsor 90nm tech)
and Win vista which sucks.

One thing i don't understand is how the Intel Quadcore is worse than the E8400?
Score
0
Related resources

Best solution

a c 105 à CPUs
November 10, 2010 7:14:32 PM

persason said:
Do you believe my Athlon X2 is bottlenecking my system? I deffinately have a bottleneck but I have no idea were it is.

my system:

AMD690VM-FMH (board)
ATI 5770 HIS 1GB (GFX)
3GB ram DDR2 325MHz
a 350 watt psu (yes i know its low but it runs just fine :D )
AMD Athlon X2 64 5000+ 2.6GHz (Windsor 90nm tech)
and Win vista which sucks.

One thing i don't understand is how the Intel Quadcore is worse than the E8400?


well its a combination of your CPU and RAM. 3GB of RAM is nice but that speed is rather slow.

the E8400 has 600mhz faster cores (most games today only use two cores)
Share
November 10, 2010 7:17:53 PM

Best answer selected by persason.
Score
0
November 10, 2010 7:18:25 PM

ct1615 said:
well its a combination of your CPU and RAM. 3GB of RAM is nice but that speed is rather slow.

the E8400 has 600mhz faster cores (most games today only use two cores)


Thanks you very much :) 
Score
0
a c 110 à CPUs
a b À AMD
November 10, 2010 7:33:01 PM

I think you have a lot going on ... and needs to be examined individually.

Looks like you are running 3GB of DDR2 667MHz with a 1GB video card. That effectively drops your available system resources to 2GB of RAMs for your OS, Apps and games. Plus -- you may inadvertently be committing RAMs space to the IGP on the AMD690VM-FMH so you need to enter the BIOS and verify that the on-board video is disabled.

And even if your 350w PSU "runs just fine" it is more about the efficiency and amps.

If your PSU has more than one *rail* and the amp rating of that rail is rather low, you could very well be over-loading that rail.

The HD 5770 is a very efficient video card but at load will pull around 110 watts - at 12v that is 9-10 amps --- which could easily max out a rail on a *less efficient* power supply with multiple rails --- and over-load the rail if you have other stuffs connected up to it.

Score
0
November 10, 2010 7:38:29 PM

FAIL

Black Ops is having hard time with servers.
Wait for the patch you may not need to upgrade.

I've seen my friends on ps3 having hard time too.
On my pc it run fine but all my other friends are lagging like hell.
Score
0
November 10, 2010 8:10:25 PM

Yea i just heard that and im gonna wait with the upgrade a patch will be released to fix the lagg / stuttering issues which many people are having at the moment.
Score
0
November 10, 2010 8:12:30 PM

Wisecracker said:
I think you have a lot going on ... and needs to be examined individually.

Looks like you are running 3GB of DDR2 667MHz with a 1GB video card. That effectively drops your available system resources to 2GB of RAMs for your OS, Apps and games. Plus -- you may inadvertently be committing RAMs space to the IGP on the AMD690VM-FMH so you need to enter the BIOS and verify that the on-board video is disabled.

And even if your 350w PSU "runs just fine" it is more about the efficiency and amps.

If your PSU has more than one *rail* and the amp rating of that rail is rather low, you could very well be over-loading that rail.

The HD 5770 is a very efficient video card but at load will pull around 110 watts - at 12v that is 9-10 amps --- which could easily max out a rail on a *less efficient* power supply with multiple rails --- and over-load the rail if you have other stuffs connected up to it.


This is very interresting Thanks. Ill go check my Bios now. :) 
Score
0
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
November 11, 2010 3:08:39 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!