Can't boot up after installing Matrox RT2500

jollyjape

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
I scrapped a PC which had an RT2500 video capture card. I then tried to fit the RT2500 into a Dell Precision 530 (all old equipment I know) which already had the Millenium G450 which it was also paired with in the scrapped PC. It failed to boot giving strike F1 with keyboard error. I removed the RT2500 but it will still not boot up just giving Strike F1 errors again.

I have run Dell Diagnostics to see if PC is OK and all faultless except floppy DVD and cd players. Tried re sitting cards but still not booting up. Doesn't sound as noisy either - fans, cd/dvd players not firing up?

All I have done is refit Matrox video card and RT2500, move the sopund card along a slot and remove an unwanted modem - but carefully.

Any help gratefully received.

crabdog

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
I could be way off here but if I recall correctly, premade systems from the likes of Dell, Gateway etc. can be very anal about hardware changes. I would suggest you look at the bios and restore everything to default settings.

Is there an AGP card fitted and did you move the sound card (or the RT2500) to the PCI slot next to it?

jollyjape

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
The matrox 450 weas in the agp slot, next was the sound card in a pci slot. I moved the sound card on a slot and put the rt2500 in its place. I have since removed the rt2500 and replaced the sound card back to the slot next to the agp slot but to no avail. Shouldn't I have done?

jollyjape

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
So do you thimk I might have put a card into that slot - I did put the rt 2500 there and I cannot swear that the slot next to the AGP wasn't empty but I how would I rectify this now?