Sign in with
Your question

No USB / display on trying to wake from sleep

Last response: in Motherboards
July 6, 2011 2:58:02 PM

I've got a problem waking my computer from sleep. Sometimes it will beep three times then do nothing (or power back down). But a lot of the time, it will power up except that the monitor will not display anything, and the keyboard and mouse appear to have no power (no lights on).

When I see the display being blank and mouse/KB not working, I hold down the power button, which shuts off the computer. Then, I press it again to turn the computer back on. When I do this, I see the "resuming windows" screen, and everything works fine. If only it would do this when resuming from sleep. It seems to work but only after I power it off completely. I don't understand.

This is a pain because it's much more convenient to start from sleep (when it works!) than it is to shut down the computer, so I want to fix this if I can.

I am using an old CRT monitor with a VGA to DVI adapter, if that matters.

More about : usb display wake sleep

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
July 6, 2011 4:08:36 PM

try stop hybernate set never
also you can test your ram with memtest86+
. it have issued 3beep @time like issue keyboard fail ( I know your keyboard still woking) just possibily, try other keyboard.
m
l
July 7, 2011 9:52:49 AM

henydiah said:
try stop hybernate set never
also you can test your ram with memtest86+
. it have issued 3beep @time like issue keyboard fail ( I know your keyboard still woking) just possibily, try other keyboard.

what? "set never"?

I have already tested my ram. It passed.
m
l
February 11, 2013 5:31:47 PM

I have the same problem with my asus motherboard. If i have my hp 1220c USB printer switched on, or a USB card reader (internal or external) connected it will not wake from sleep.
its a problem with the usbs. try disconnecting ALL usbs (including internal card readers) and it should work.
m
l
!