Asus Striker II extreme non-stop freeze

manithewindlord

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
friends gurus and bretheren i am a dire situation here and after i used all of my (limited) knowledge i am knocking your doors here to sort me out.
Just took over a friends PC recently as he has moved out abroad. I will try my best to give thorough details of the hardware configuration before proceeding to the problem to give a better idea. The kit comprises of

--STriker 2 extreme mobo
-- corsair XMS3 nvidia partner memory (or so it says on it) in a 4 x 1gb config detail model TW3X2G1600C9DHXNV
-- intel core 2 duo E6750 (yes it is a bit lame but i afford to spend any money these days) + asus silent knight II
--Grafix card 9800GX2
--XFX Pro 750W Psu

the current problem is that the pc keeps on freezing mostly when playing a video (havent yet tried playing 3d game yet) and sometimes freezes the moment i press enter after entering the password for login. Tried the fail safe BIOS settings but the problem still persists. I am at complete loss at what to do in order to resolve this issue and i will be extremely grateful should any kind soul around is willing to give me a walkthrough.

the 2nd thing (not as important though) is that , will my PSU be sufficient should I want to install another 9800GX2 and run in quad sli?

and the last thing is I will really appreciate if somebody can suggest settings for moderate OC to boost the performance.

your cooperation and guidance will be highly appreciate , and please dont criticise my english , I know its less than impressive :D

manithewindlord

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
adding more details

--OS is win 7 32 bit
--Latest nvidia drivers

still running default BIOS setting with BIOS version 1301

i will try my best to provide more info in order to help you to help me should you require :D