Bodhi's maze

I think I've found the way out, but before I go, I want to do the puzzle
with the statues and putting the right object with each riddle. My
question is, do you use just the objects found in the chest in that
room? Because a couple of riddles don't seem to go with anything, and
the rest I think I've gotten right.

John Salerno wrote:

> I think I've found the way out, but before I go, I want to do the puzzle
> with the statues and putting the right object with each riddle. My
> question is, do you use just the objects found in the chest in that
> room?

Yes.

> Because a couple of riddles don't seem to go with anything, and
> the rest I think I've gotten right.

Which items do you have left?

Kish wrote:

> Which items do you have left?

I can't seem to figure out where the gagged man and the skull go, even
though there are only two spots left. One is the one about having a
brother, the other is something like 'Fight me in vain...'. Neither of
those make sense for any of the items (well, the hourglass *could* be
the former, but I put it with the one about two heads).

I'm assuming the rest are right.

John Salerno wrote:

> I can't seem to figure out where the gagged man and the skull go, even
> though there are only two spots left. One is the one about having a
> brother, the other is something like 'Fight me in vain...'.

"Try to defeat me and try in vain, when I win I end your pain." Death.
The skull.

"Two brothers we are, great burdens we bear, all day we are bitterly
pressed..." is the boots.

"Name me and so shall you break me" is silence, which the gagged man
stands for.

Kish wrote:

> "Two brothers we are, great burdens we bear, all day we are bitterly
> pressed..." is the boots.

Yikes, I was way off then. I put the boots for the one that said
something like "We will march on."

> "Name me and so shall you break me" is silence, which the gagged man
> stands for.

Ah, again, I put the mirror. Back to the drawing board! I'll figure this
out now! Just wanted to be sure that nothing else outside of the room
was required. Thanks!

John Salerno wrote:

> Kish wrote:
>
>> "Two brothers we are, great burdens we bear, all day we are bitterly
>> pressed..." is the boots.
>

> Yikes, I was way off then. I put the boots for the one that said
> something like "We will march on."
>
>> "Name me and so shall you break me" is silence, which the gagged man
>> stands for.
>

> Ah, again, I put the mirror.

Yeah, you have to look at the whole riddle, not just for key words.

John Salerno <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Kish wrote:

> > Which items do you have left?

> I can't seem to figure out where the gagged man and the skull go, even
> though there are only two spots left. One is the one about having a
> brother, the other is something like 'Fight me in vain...'. Neither of
> those make sense for any of the items (well, the hourglass *could* be
> the former, but I put it with the one about two heads).

> I'm assuming the rest are right.

It looks like at least one other is wrong as well. Two brothers
would be something that typically come in twos or pairs. A
gagged man obviously can't speak, and a skull is the univeral
symbol for death. I don't want to say too much to ruin the
the puzzle.

Mark.

Mark Haslam wrote:

> It looks like at least one other is wrong as well.

Yeah, I had the sundial in the one about always telling the truth,
instead of the mirror.

Kish wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>
>> Kish wrote:
>>
>>> "Two brothers we are, great burdens we bear, all day we are bitterly
>>> pressed..." is the boots.
>>

>> Yikes, I was way off then. I put the boots for the one that said
>> something like "We will march on."
>>
>>> "Name me and so shall you break me" is silence, which the gagged man
>>> stands for.
>>

>> Ah, again, I put the mirror.
>

> Yeah, you have to look at the whole riddle, not just for key words.

Also, be careful you don't miss it when you succeed. IIRC, all you get
is a little message in the dialogue box saying that there is now
something in the chest. It's easy to miss it if you're frustrated with
the riddles and switching things around and clicking on the statues.