Sign in with
Your question

Air Flow

Last response: in Systems
August 24, 2010 8:50:24 AM

Hi guys, I just moved my computer into a really tight spot. I didn't have much choice. =/
I realized it's running a lot hotter than before, especially my graphic card. So i just ordered 3 more fans for my case. All the fans are 120mm. I would like to know how should i place them to get the maximum air flow.

I have the XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770(not sure which direction does the card fan blows to) and the COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP case

Here's what my current set up looks like.

More about : air flow

August 24, 2010 9:05:57 AM

From what I've found, always have your intakes near the bottom front of the case and the exhausts at the top/rear of the case.

Exceptions are a fan on the side of the case should likely be blowing into the case onto the graphics card/processor.

The main things are intake on bottom and exhaust at the top. Other than that should only make a 2-3c difference no matter how you place the others.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 24, 2010 9:27:46 AM

Get two of those fans on the top of your case for exhaust and i guess the other one as another side intake or on the bottom as intake if your psu allows.
The problem you're having is your gpu is a non-reference design and is exhausting heat in your case.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 24, 2010 1:43:46 PM

I would just add the two fans to the top as exhaust, and see how that fares, I am not crazy about side fans without dust filters.

One thing you might want to experiment with, is covering up the top side mesh, to force the airflow from bottom to top.
m
l
August 24, 2010 6:10:29 PM

thanks for the help guys. I'm going to have the two top fans as exhaust and two side fans as intakes with dust filters.
m
l
!