Sign in with
Your question

Asus P8P67 Pro BIOS update

Last response: in Motherboards
July 6, 2011 9:19:20 PM

So I updated the BIOS on my mobo from version 1503 to version 1850 (latest). Flashed succesfully, readjusted the settings and...

Once I booted the OS, I went into Asus AI Suite II utility to check the temperatures and noticed that my idle temps dropped to just 30 degrees Celsius as opposed to 40-45 with the previous BIOS version.

Has anyone had a similar thing happen on the P8P67 series mobo? I've heard of a temperature reading glitch in one of the BIOS versions, and I want to make sure it's not this one. If it's 10 degrees below the *real* temperatures, it might create issues with my fan speed profile (fan software thinking the temperature is 50C, while it's actually 60 or higher, etc...)

Thanks in advance.
July 7, 2011 11:17:38 AM

No, but I will do that this weekend and see. I'm one of the many who saw their core temps rise dramatically after receiving their new replacement board. Well dramatically is probably too stromg a word, but lets call it significantly higher.
m
l
July 7, 2011 11:56:33 AM

Well, I bought the B3 revision and never had the previous one. The first board had to be exchanged, they never figured out why it didn't work. Second one was perfect, except that stock cooler couldn't manage to keep the temps down and games like DAO and ME1 would overheat the CPU to 80+ degrees Celsius. So I got the Hyper 212+ and ever since the temps were never above 65 C (on full load). And then this update drops them to 30C on idle and about 50-55 C on heavy load!
m
l
!