D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit 3 MB Cap

G

I bought a D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit router the other day and I got it set up as I saw fit, however, when I connect my two wireless N devices it seems to get capped at 3 megabytes download when transferring a large file. To me that doesn't sound like a good transfer rate...

It appears to be capped at 3 MB a second. it doesn't fluctuate and stays a straight line in my bandwidth monitor so it looks capped to me...

Any Ideas what it might be? (a setting I'm overlooking?)

I've tried playing around with the different setting, tried turning of QoS, and even setting the router to N only, but it didn't make a difference.

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=530

G

Wireless is usually about half the speed of wired even with good wireless reception. You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.

1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.

TRENDING THREADS