Disk Read Error - HELP!

dhizzy13

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Hi,
I recently built a computer using a asus p8z77 board, i5 3550 and seagate barracuda hdd. Raedoen 7850 graphics. After installing windows 7, and booting , everything worked fine. Then this morning, when I booted it up, it said the disk read error press ctrl alt del. I need help.
When i installed windows i used a usb to get the sata driver onto my motherboard, after that it installed fine and rebooted. I set up my account and password in windows and all was fine. Then i shut it down throught the start menu and went to bed. This morning it gave me that error. I need advice fast.

You may have it in a sata 6 port but is it a port that is controlled by the Intel chip ? Some motherboards have several sata ports and because the Intel chip has to control so many things the MB manufacturers will add a Marvell chip to control the other sata3 ports and the OS drive does want to be in the Intel controled port and by you having to load the controller driver I think you have it in a port controled by another chip and not the Intel chip. Which P8z77 model board do you have?