Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Advice...mobo for i5 750

Last response: in Motherboards
July 7, 2011 1:37:07 AM

Hello, so much to look at and it's overwhelming. I'm redoing my home pc, adding i5 750 and need a mobo that complements it. I wanted something energysavings compliant. My old asus a8n sli had a feature i could turn on in bios called "cool and quite", which was nice for when pc was at idle, so were the fans. When it started to heat up, the fans would come on as applicable. Could someone please help me with a good mobo to compliment my i5? It is not going to be a big gaming machine, rather somewhat HTPC, a little video editing, and burning software, while system is used with other tasks. Just a bit unsure as which direction to head. Most likely will be getting G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2x2GB) because of it's lower price. Thx for any advice. DM

More about : advice mobo 750

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
July 7, 2011 2:08:55 AM

Several ASRock motherboards have a feature called "Intelligent Energy Saver"
Several Asus boards have a component they refer to as an "EPU" or Energy Processor Unit.

Using an Intel processor, you won't find a motherboard with the "Cool and Quiet" feature as that's an AMD specific technology.

Without knowing what form factor your case supports, it's hard to recommend any specific motherboard.
July 14, 2011 12:34:19 PM

i went with the new amd quad a8-3850 matched with asus mobo f1a75 with some 1600 g-skill ram. all done
m
l
Related resources
July 21, 2011 12:47:24 AM

Best answer selected by drmax.
m
l
August 10, 2011 3:49:35 PM

drmax said:
i went with the new amd quad a8-3850 matched with asus mobo f1a75 with some 1600 g-skill ram. all done

good f'n luck when you try to update the BIOS in the EZ flash utility!!
m
l
!