Advice...mobo for i5 750

drmax

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Hello, so much to look at and it's overwhelming. I'm redoing my home pc, adding i5 750 and need a mobo that complements it. I wanted something energysavings compliant. My old asus a8n sli had a feature i could turn on in bios called "cool and quite", which was nice for when pc was at idle, so were the fans. When it started to heat up, the fans would come on as applicable. Could someone please help me with a good mobo to compliment my i5? It is not going to be a big gaming machine, rather somewhat HTPC, a little video editing, and burning software, while system is used with other tasks. Just a bit unsure as which direction to head. Most likely will be getting G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2x2GB) because of it's lower price. Thx for any advice. DM

Solution
Several ASRock motherboards have a feature called "Intelligent Energy Saver"
Several Asus boards have a component they refer to as an "EPU" or Energy Processor Unit.

Using an Intel processor, you won't find a motherboard with the "Cool and Quiet" feature as that's an AMD specific technology.

Without knowing what form factor your case supports, it's hard to recommend any specific motherboard.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Several ASRock motherboards have a feature called "Intelligent Energy Saver"
Several Asus boards have a component they refer to as an "EPU" or Energy Processor Unit.

Using an Intel processor, you won't find a motherboard with the "Cool and Quiet" feature as that's an AMD specific technology.

Without knowing what form factor your case supports, it's hard to recommend any specific motherboard.

Solution

ozonepilot

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

good f'n luck when you try to update the BIOS in the EZ flash utility!!