To anyone that bought a Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB from td on cyber mon.

austinwillis81

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
So Sunday night I bought the above SSD from Tiger Direct on there Cyber Moday sale for $60. And I was looking at the order status today and I saw that my order was canceled. So not knowing what happened I called them about it, still not sure why I didn't get a email saying it was canceled. So after at least 30 min of waiting for a support rep I finally got through, and to my dismay they won't be honoring my purchase of the SSD. As they had a overload of people trying to get the SSD, yet once it said it was sold out it wouldn't let you go through with the order. So they proceeded to offer a alternative, but I would have had to pay full price for it. I asked if I could get it for the same discount that I should have gotten the HyperX for and I got a big nope. And the best part is the fact that I canceled my order of a OCZ Agility 4 128gb from amazon that was on sale for $70 to get this SSD. So now I am out of a SSD. And if anyone has a 120gb ssd they need to get rid of pm me the model and price;)

TL;DR Check your order to make sure it wasn't canceled.

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
YES! call them back for sure. You gotta get an attitude with these people. Notify them that you lost out on the other SSD and tell them you planned on doing lots of business with them cause they have good prices but if this does not go through you will no longer shop their. There are ways to get what you want you just gotta fight a little. It also helps getting a differnet representative. Hope this helps.

austinwillis81

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011

I gave them a call back yesterday and was able to get a new drive for the same price. Now it wasn't the same drive its a Kingston V+200 120gb. I really pushed this time for getting the hyper 3k and the best he could do to get it to me would be a 3-4 month wait roughly. So I settled on the v+200. It is definitely slower that the 3k, its also acronymous but either way I got a ssd for $.50 a GB. Either way though I'm done with TD mainly because they didn't notify me that my order was cancelled and the fact that they should have honored my purchase considering that it's their fault they don't know how to stop letting orders through.

austinwillis81

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011

I could of got a X but I'm not to fond of waiting 3 months, and not to mention that they are apparently not going to be restocking the 3k...yeah sureeee.