Can't get that UT server up !!!

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a server up for days now, and it just doesn't work right.
Maybe someone can help me out here.

Some info:

DoUplink = True
Master server port =27900
Beacon Port 9777
Server Beacon Port 8777
listen port 8080
server name 80.126.xx.xx (My public IP adress)

I'm behind a ADSL modem and set up with a multi-NAT entry which maps the
outside-IP to the inside IP (10.0.0.150) on all ports.
Seems that this modem has 10.0.0.138 as IP (?) Because that 's the adress at
which I can configure it.
Next step here is my wireless router. 192.168.1.1 running a DHCP server to
assingn IP's to the 3 computers in the house. The laptop running the
UT-server is usually at 192.168.1.102
I opened the following ports on the router:
27900~28900
7777~7788
8080

Still the server doesn 't show up on the server list.
In LAN-games it is visible though.

Anyone?

Regards,
Marcel
2 answers Last reply
More about server

    "Marcel van der Werf" <werfREMOVE@gmx.net> wrote in message
    | Hi all,
    |
    | I'm trying to get a server up for days now, and it just doesn't work
    right.
    | Maybe someone can help me out here.
    |
    | Some info:
    |
    | DoUplink = True
    | Master server port =27900
    | Beacon Port 9777
    | Server Beacon Port 8777
    | listen port 8080
    | server name 80.126.xx.xx (My public IP adress)
    |
    | I'm behind a ADSL modem and set up with a multi-NAT entry which maps
    the
    | outside-IP to the inside IP (10.0.0.150) on all ports.
    | Seems that this modem has 10.0.0.138 as IP (?) Because that 's the
    adress at
    | which I can configure it.
    | Next step here is my wireless router. 192.168.1.1 running a DHCP
    server to
    | assingn IP's to the 3 computers in the house. The laptop running the
    | UT-server is usually at 192.168.1.102
    | I opened the following ports on the router:
    | 27900~28900
    | 7777~7788
    | 8080
    |
    | Still the server doesn 't show up on the server list.
    | In LAN-games it is visible though.
    |
    | Anyone?
    |
    | Regards,
    | Marcel

    In addition to opening ports, you must "forward ports" to the UT
    server machine in the router's setup. I note some routers may not
    include such functionality. Ports 7777 and 7778 need to be forwarded
    to the server box. I use win2k as my router, and had to setup 2
    special services under the ICS sharing tab and forward those ports to
    the specific IP of the machine running UT. Hope this helps.
    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Or, you can always come visit my web site, http://www.utsasnipers.com and
    check out my UT server rentals... :)

    If you have specific questions, I would be glad to help you, I run a server
    rental companie, and run every thing on MDK 9.2 right now... beleive it or
    not.. :)

    ....Claude

    "Marcel van der Werf" <werfREMOVE@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm trying to get a server up for days now, and it just doesn't work
    right.
    > Maybe someone can help me out here.
    >
    > Some info:
    >
    > DoUplink = True
    > Master server port =27900
    > Beacon Port 9777
    > Server Beacon Port 8777
    > listen port 8080
    > server name 80.126.xx.xx (My public IP adress)
    >
    > I'm behind a ADSL modem and set up with a multi-NAT entry which maps the
    > outside-IP to the inside IP (10.0.0.150) on all ports.
    > Seems that this modem has 10.0.0.138 as IP (?) Because that 's the adress
    at
    > which I can configure it.
    > Next step here is my wireless router. 192.168.1.1 running a DHCP server to
    > assingn IP's to the 3 computers in the house. The laptop running the
    > UT-server is usually at 192.168.1.102
    > I opened the following ports on the router:
    > 27900~28900
    > 7777~7788
    > 8080
    >
    > Still the server doesn 't show up on the server list.
    > In LAN-games it is visible though.
    >
    > Anyone?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Marcel