Can't get that UT server up !!!

Last response: in Video Games
February 22, 2005 1:52:49 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a server up for days now, and it just doesn't work right.
Maybe someone can help me out here.

Some info:

DoUplink = True
Master server port =27900
Beacon Port 9777
Server Beacon Port 8777
listen port 8080
server name 80.126.xx.xx (My public IP adress)

I'm behind a ADSL modem and set up with a multi-NAT entry which maps the
outside-IP to the inside IP (10.0.0.150) on all ports.
Seems that this modem has 10.0.0.138 as IP (?) Because that 's the adress at
which I can configure it.
Next step here is my wireless router. 192.168.1.1 running a DHCP server to
assingn IP's to the 3 computers in the house. The laptop running the
UT-server is usually at 192.168.1.102
I opened the following ports on the router:
27900~28900
7777~7788
8080

Still the server doesn 't show up on the server list.
In LAN-games it is visible though.

Anyone?

Regards,
Marcel

More about : server

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 5:08:06 AM

"Marcel van der Werf" <werfREMOVE@gmx.net> wrote in message
| Hi all,
|
| I'm trying to get a server up for days now, and it just doesn't work
right.
| Maybe someone can help me out here.
|
| Some info:
|
| DoUplink = True
| Master server port =27900
| Beacon Port 9777
| Server Beacon Port 8777
| listen port 8080
| server name 80.126.xx.xx (My public IP adress)
|
| I'm behind a ADSL modem and set up with a multi-NAT entry which maps
the
| outside-IP to the inside IP (10.0.0.150) on all ports.
| Seems that this modem has 10.0.0.138 as IP (?) Because that 's the
adress at
| which I can configure it.
| Next step here is my wireless router. 192.168.1.1 running a DHCP
server to
| assingn IP's to the 3 computers in the house. The laptop running the
| UT-server is usually at 192.168.1.102
| I opened the following ports on the router:
| 27900~28900
| 7777~7788
| 8080
|
| Still the server doesn 't show up on the server list.
| In LAN-games it is visible though.
|
| Anyone?
|
| Regards,
| Marcel

In addition to opening ports, you must "forward ports" to the UT
server machine in the router's setup. I note some routers may not
include such functionality. Ports 7777 and 7778 need to be forwarded
to the server box. I use win2k as my router, and had to setup 2
special services under the ICS sharing tab and forward those ports to
the specific IP of the machine running UT. Hope this helps.
--
Best regards,
Kyle

Or, you can always come visit my web site, http://www.utsasnipers.com and
check out my UT server rentals... :)

If you have specific questions, I would be glad to help you, I run a server
rental companie, and run every thing on MDK 9.2 right now... beleive it or
not.. :)

....Claude

!