Sign in with
Your question

Limiting bandwidth

Last response: in Networking
April 10, 2010 4:17:03 AM

Hello,
I have a problem i hope i can get help on...
So currently my parents and i have a lady living in our finished basement, who also uses our internet. So she is not techy at all, so nothing is really out of the question. When i download things, or game, the internet may slow, but still workable. However, when she downloads the internet pretty much goes down the drain. It will literally take a whole minute to load a page, and i get about a 1,500 ping instead of my normal 53-55...This is totally unacceptable. My parents refuse to take any action, and she always blames something other than what she's doing. So i have access to computers, and the router/modem. She gets a single line that goes into her own modem to be split up. I really need some way of limiting her bandwidth, without alltogether disabling it. She downloads from websites, so i can't use p2p blocking software. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : limiting bandwidth

April 10, 2010 4:21:57 AM

Oh, and my provider is Verizon and the modem/router is Westell VersaLink- Model 327W
m
l
April 12, 2010 12:23:37 AM

QoS (Quality of Service)

Set her port to lower priority, find out the ports her P2P users and lower those for priorities, or increase the priority of your games/etc.
m
l
!