Solved

ATI 5850 CF and BC2 Black Screen

I was in the middle of playing BC2 when all of a sudden my entire screen except for the HUD info went black. You can't see the play, the scenery or anything except for the hud. Has anyone else have this problem. I did not run into this problem prior to installing my second card but I have also updated the drivers since. I tried a single 5850 and no problem but two and it happens. It doesn't happen often but now and then and it can be ended by Alt-Tabing out and then back in. Any thoughts? My specs are listed below.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 5850 black screen
  1. Best answer
    I haven't had that problem, however I'm still on CCC 10.4, 10,6 gave me alot of gip with crossfire.

Try 10.4's :)
  2. I have had a similar problem with 1 5850 at one of the snow levels.If I got killed,the whole screen would become white and I could only see the hud.I believe as others said ,that it's a bug of the game not a hardware problem.
  3. i Xfired 2 5850's and it runs every game phenomenally.

EXCEPT BF bad company 2. Random crashes to desktop, black screens ( like u guys), black screen flickering.

i dono, it seems there is no concrete fix for it and these problems occur on many different brands of gfx cards.....im thinking game problem -.-
  4. alenkps said:
    i Xfired 2 5850's and it runs every game phenomenally.

EXCEPT BF bad company 2. Random crashes to desktop, black screens ( like u guys), black screen flickering.

i dono, it seems there is no concrete fix for it and these problems occur on many different brands of gfx cards.....im thinking game problem -.-

I had the crashing to desktop but found out that this is a driver problem with ATI 10.5 and greater. If you use 10.4 you shouldn't have this problem. However, you still have the black screen and flickering.
  5. Best answer selected by deweycd.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon ATI Graphics