Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ATI 5850 CF and BC2 Black Screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 20, 2010 6:16:31 PM

I was in the middle of playing BC2 when all of a sudden my entire screen except for the HUD info went black. You can't see the play, the scenery or anything except for the hud. Has anyone else have this problem. I did not run into this problem prior to installing my second card but I have also updated the drivers since. I tried a single 5850 and no problem but two and it happens. It doesn't happen often but now and then and it can be ended by Alt-Tabing out and then back in. Any thoughts? My specs are listed below.

Best solution

July 20, 2010 6:21:30 PM

I haven't had that problem, however I'm still on CCC 10.4, 10,6 gave me alot of gip with crossfire.

Try 10.4's :) 
July 24, 2010 9:19:40 PM

I have had a similar problem with 1 5850 at one of the snow levels.If I got killed,the whole screen would become white and I could only see the hud.I believe as others said ,that it's a bug of the game not a hardware problem.
m
l
Related resources
July 30, 2010 11:00:20 AM

i Xfired 2 5850's and it runs every game phenomenally.

EXCEPT BF bad company 2. Random crashes to desktop, black screens ( like u guys), black screen flickering.

i dono, it seems there is no concrete fix for it and these problems occur on many different brands of gfx cards.....im thinking game problem -.-
m
l
July 31, 2010 12:05:28 AM

alenkps said:
i Xfired 2 5850's and it runs every game phenomenally.

EXCEPT BF bad company 2. Random crashes to desktop, black screens ( like u guys), black screen flickering.

i dono, it seems there is no concrete fix for it and these problems occur on many different brands of gfx cards.....im thinking game problem -.-

I had the crashing to desktop but found out that this is a driver problem with ATI 10.5 and greater. If you use 10.4 you shouldn't have this problem. However, you still have the black screen and flickering.
m
l
August 10, 2010 10:40:27 AM

Best answer selected by deweycd.
m
l
!