Administrative Tools

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

Hi, I have 1 computer running windows xp home edition which won't
support gpedit.msc.
Please advise how I can access Admin tools options in Home edition.

Group Policy (gpedit.msc) does not come with Windows XP Home Edition.

Windows XP Comparison Guide
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/choosing2.asp

Administrative Tools
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/cpanel_admintools.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:p5cna19vmqqf459mfrf2pik6ahgalvbui9@4ax.com,
sage <h.stratford-tuke@sbcglobal.net> hunted and pecked:
> Hi, I have 1 computer running windows xp home edition which won't
> support gpedit.msc.
> Please advise how I can access Admin tools options in Home edition.

Logon safe mode , as administrator

"sage" <h.stratford-tuke@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hi, I have 1 computer running windows xp home edition which won't
> support gpedit.msc.
> Please advise how I can access Admin tools options in Home edition.

> Logon safe mode , as administrator
ps... give administrator a password
discovered passwords other than blank are required to make some
changes.

> "sage" <h.stratford-tuke@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Hi, I have 1 computer running windows xp home edition which won't
>> support gpedit.msc.
>> Please advise how I can access Admin tools options in Home edition.

This tool lets you easily change many of the options that gpedit would if
you could use it.

Regards
Mark Dormer