Closed Solved

What Card to get?

I have made a topic before asking if the 5970 is the card I should use, but I just wanted to recheck if there is something better I have my new custom computer and the case and PSU and MOBO can stand ANY GPU so with the unlimited budget what single card solution is best?

PS:This would be used for all of the newest games and future games for many years but I was really hoping for a single card setup.

Thanks in advance :bounce:

EDIT: No matter what I chose I would want a good deal so if you can recommend a card a link to a nice price would be appreciated
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what card
  1. Best answer
    best single card solution is still the 5970
  2. Yeah looks like everyone agrees but now the chose of what brand I was thinking the XFX one was my fav and I have always liked XFX, but the lowest price I can find is ~660 USD

Is there a better deal out there?
  3. either xfx or asus IMO.

you might be able to find a better deal, but it will take some looking
  4. Unless something drastic happens, the 5970 will continue to stay above 650$.
  5. Agree, HD5970 is the faster single card. Needs a very long time to make this card obsolete... :)
  6. Alright than I'll start my hunt for an actually in stock and ~ 660 USD XFX 5970 I've decided if I'm gonna get this beast best go with a transferable warranty and the hottest looking version (being XFX's black edition) not to mention I have always liked XFX designs

Thanks for all the help guys :D
  7. Best answer selected by sowexly.
  8. Technically, the HD5970 isn't the fastest single card, its the ASUS Ares, then later on this year the MARS 2.
  9. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product