Graphic Card that will play WoW at max settings 1920x1080

Since World of Warcraft is getting more graphics souped up with the upcoming expansion what would be a good card to get? I am currently running ATI HD670 x2 even this don't run good with medium settings in Dalaran or Raids and Battlegrounds. I have 6gigs of ram and a decent processor. Could I get some ideas? I am looking to purchase in the near future.

Thanks
9 answers Last reply
More about graphic card play settings 1920x1080
  1. i think you left something out. you are running 4670 or 5670 in CF?

also, what is your "decent processor" and what PSU do you have?
  2. I currently have a Dell XPS 625, AMD Phenom X4 9850+ Black Edition: (2.5GHz, 125W) Processor. 2.50 Ghz, 6gb ram, AMD 790x chipset, 750W ATX power supply

This is the link to the specs: http://www.dell.com/us/en/dfh/desktops/desktop-xps-625/pd.aspx?refid=desktop-xps-625&cs=22&s=dfh
  3. Sorry I left most of the info out
  4. ct1615 said:
    i think you left something out. you are running 4670 or 5670 in CF?

also, what is your "decent processor" and what PSU do you have?

HD4670
  5. forget the gpu upgrade. you need to drop the x 9850 and put in a new Phenom II x 940. The old phenom quads are poor processors and WoW likes a fast dual core. That will help you out in a lot.
  6. ct1615 said:
    forget the gpu upgrade. you need to drop the x 9850 and put in a new Phenom II x 940. The old phenom quads are poor processors and WoW likes a fast dual core. That will help you out in a lot.

This is the only game that slows down and fps is real low, all the other games I play are perfect. How would I go abouts putting in the new processor? im not sure if it is compatible
  7. it is, DELL sells that same CPU as an option

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyK-roVdx7c

*you can also over clock your CPU, DELL lets you on the XPS models. the first phenom are not great OC though.
  8. WoW doesn't multithread well. So a fast processor speed is the most crucial thing with that game. So ct1615's idea on a CPU upgrade is certainly merited. The original Phenom X4's were indeed horrible. :(

I'm not a big fan of doing a Phenom II dual core personally. I think folks should be looking at Quad Cores from now forward, as newer software is being better written for multithreaded usage. Just not WoW ;)
  9. jerreece said:

I'm not a big fan of doing a Phenom II dual core personally. I think folks should be looking at Quad Cores from now forward, as newer software is being better written for multithreaded usage. Just not WoW ;)

the phenom II x 4 940 is a quad :D
  10. ct1615 said:
    forget the gpu upgrade. you need to drop the x 9850 and put in a new Phenom II x 940. The old phenom quads are poor processors and WoW likes a fast dual core. That will help you out in a lot.

ct1615 said:
    the phenom II x 4 940 is a quad :D

Yeah but your post doesn't say X4. :) So I missed that part. Just says x 940. LOL My bad ;) That being clarified, I totally agree. :)
  11. jerreece said:
    Yeah but your post doesn't say X4. :) So I missed that part. Just says x 940. LOL My bad ;)

i can not be held responsible for my own laziness ;)
  12. ct1615 said:
    i can not be held responsible for my own laziness ;)

:??:

chris32882,

If you can do it, I'd say do the CPU upgrade that ct1615 recommended. A video card upgrade certainly cannot hurt. And the aforementioned GTX 460 is a stellar option right now. With a Phenom II X4 940, plus a GTX 460, any lag you incur during WoW play would only come from latency issues. ;) (That can occur from WiFi gaming or even just laggy internet connections).
  13. jerreece said:
    :??:

chris32882,

If you can do it, I'd say do the CPU upgrade that ct1615 recommended. A video card upgrade certainly cannot hurt. And the aforementioned GTX 460 is a stellar option right now. With a Phenom II X4 940, plus a GTX 460, any lag you incur during WoW play would only come from latency issues. ;) (That can occur from WiFi gaming or even just laggy internet connections).

Definately will look into this. If I get the GTX 460 which is an nVidia card, I wont be able to to use crossfire . Will just one card suffice?
  14. chris32882 said:
    Definately will look into this. If I get the GTX 460 which is an nVidia card, I wont be able to to use crossfire . Will just one card suffice?

yes
  15. One will kill it at 1080p 1920x1080, I have one an it kills FFXIV 40-70fps

(MSI GTX 460 HAWK 1GB) - go with that it's a great card
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards World Of Warcraft Graphics Product