Graphic Card that will play WoW at max settings 1920x1080

chris32882

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Since World of Warcraft is getting more graphics souped up with the upcoming expansion what would be a good card to get? I am currently running ATI HD670 x2 even this don't run good with medium settings in Dalaran or Raids and Battlegrounds. I have 6gigs of ram and a decent processor. Could I get some ideas? I am looking to purchase in the near future.

Thanks

chris32882

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009

This is the only game that slows down and fps is real low, all the other games I play are perfect. How would I go abouts putting in the new processor? im not sure if it is compatible

WoW doesn't multithread well. So a fast processor speed is the most crucial thing with that game. So ct1615's idea on a CPU upgrade is certainly merited. The original Phenom X4's were indeed horrible. :(

I'm not a big fan of doing a Phenom II dual core personally. I think folks should be looking at Quad Cores from now forward, as newer software is being better written for multithreaded usage. Just not WoW ;)

Yeah but your post doesn't say X4. :) So I missed that part. Just says x 940. LOL My bad ;) That being clarified, I totally agree. :)

:??:

chris32882,

If you can do it, I'd say do the CPU upgrade that ct1615 recommended. A video card upgrade certainly cannot hurt. And the aforementioned GTX 460 is a stellar option right now. With a Phenom II X4 940, plus a GTX 460, any lag you incur during WoW play would only come from latency issues. ;) (That can occur from WiFi gaming or even just laggy internet connections).

chris32882

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009

Definately will look into this. If I get the GTX 460 which is an nVidia card, I wont be able to to use crossfire . Will just one card suffice?