Sign in with
Your question

8800GTS BSOD on XP

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 20, 2010 8:46:13 PM

I've done a few searches but nothing seems to follow in line what my issue is. Well, that I have found anyways, so please forgive me if this has been posted before. I recently had my card RMA'd back to XFX because of a artifact issue that became permanent even on boot. My card was returned to me fixed supposedly anyways, but now upon start up I have a blue screen error right after the windows logo, before I enter in my password information. My operating system is Windows XP, here is my BSOD:

Stop: 0x0000007e (0xC0000005, 0xB724084B, 0xB84FF2F0, 0xB84FEFEC)

Any help would be appreciated. Hardware is a older Compaq computer with a generic Asus board. Computer works fine without the 8800GTS plugged in, but as soon as that is in place I have this error.

Thanks in advance.

More about : 8800gts bsod

a c 132 U Graphics card
July 20, 2010 9:27:18 PM

More than likely a corrupted/out of date driver. I'd recommend (with the GPU uninstalled), a download of the current drivers (but don't install them yet) and a removal of your currently installed drivers. Shut Down, install the returned GPU making sure the PCI-Ex16 slot is free of dust and debris, and restart. If you're still getting BSODs at this point, I'd say the card was not fixed. If you get to the Windows logon screen, then install the downloaded drivers and restart once more.

-Wolf sends
a b U Graphics card
July 20, 2010 9:28:31 PM

^^ Good advice
July 21, 2010 6:53:02 AM

Thank you for the advice, I did as you suggested and the problem has been resolved.
!