about the minigun in UT2004

killa

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

Does the minigun have an alt fire, because it looks the same as the regular
fire. If anyone can tell me the difference between them (the 2 types of
fire) and what they actually do, that would be real cool.

thanks :)

The primary fire is slower and more accurate, plus has a 'warm up' and
'cool down' time. The secondary fire shoots pretty much the second you
want it to, albeit faster and a lot less accurate.

--
Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen
http://coryhansen.com

wesley

"Shinnokxz" <shinnokxz@charter.net> wrote in message
> The primary fire is slower and more accurate, plus has a 'warm up' and
> 'cool down' time. The secondary fire shoots pretty much the second you
> want it to, albeit faster and a lot less accurate.

Really I haven't notice that :)

Andrew

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 05:14:39 GMT, "Wesley" <ilovekiss@bless.you.com>
wrote:

>Really I haven't notice that :)

For those that have played UT, they reversed the primary and secondary
in UT2004, which still confuses me :-(

Flash

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001

Shinnokxz wrote:
> The primary fire is slower and more accurate, plus has a 'warm up' and
> 'cool down' time. The secondary fire shoots pretty much the second you
> want it to, albeit faster and a lot less accurate.

That was true in UT99, but didn't I read somewhere they'd reversed that
action for 2k3 and 4 since most ut99 players used altfire only?

--
Flash

"Killa" <killa@thrilla.com> wrote in message
> Does the minigun have an alt fire, because it looks the same as the
regular
> fire. If anyone can tell me the difference between them (the 2 types of
> fire) and what they actually do, that would be real cool.
>
> thanks :)

My impression is that main fire shoots more projectiles with a slightly
scattered pattern and Alt fire shoots less projectiles but with higher
accuracy. So in close use the main fire, and use Alt fire to deter things
like Raptors hovering above nodes. The minigun is less effective againsed a
moving vehicle as you must lead with the shot to hit the target, similar to
the machine gun on the Goliath.

"Shinnokxz" <shinnokxz@charter.net> wrote in message
> The primary fire is slower and more accurate, plus has a 'warm up' and
> 'cool down' time. The secondary fire shoots pretty much the second you
> want it to, albeit faster and a lot less accurate.

no, it is kind of stupid, but they changed that from ut to ut2004. In 2004
alt fire is the slower more accurate fire while primary fire is the spray
and pray mode.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

I did not know that most used alt fire so much. I use both primary and alt
fire as required. alt fire for melee and primary if the tgt is mid range
like flying a strange love rocket or similar. But most of the time close
up its rockets all the way (until I kill myself with a salvo :))

Vis

I understood that while alt fire fires slower, each alt fire hit
causes more damage. Therefore, I believed primary to be better for
"spray and prayers" while alt was better for more accurate shooters.

Killa schrieb:
> Does the minigun have an alt fire, because it looks the same as the regular
> fire. If anyone can tell me the difference between them (the 2 types of
> fire) and what they actually do, that would be real cool.
>
> thanks :)

in the alt fire mode you can see litte explosions.
but i don´t know, witch fire mode takes more damage.
i think that the regular fire takes more damage at persons and the alt
fire takes more damage at the vihicles like tanks or mantas or raptors

but I don´t know if it is right

Meltdown

michaelschwenke15 enlightened us with:
> in the alt fire mode you can see litte explosions. but i don´t
> know, witch fire mode takes more damage. i think that the regular
> fire takes more damage at persons and the alt fire takes more damage
> at the vihicles like tanks or mantas or raptors

The primary fire mode does more damage, but to a small point. The
alternate fire mode does more splash damage.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

killa

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

"michaelschwenke15" <michaelschwenke15@tiscali.de> wrote in message
> Killa schrieb:
> > Does the minigun have an alt fire, because it looks the same as the
regular
> > fire. If anyone can tell me the difference between them (the 2 types of
> > fire) and what they actually do, that would be real cool.
> >
> > thanks :)
> >

> in the alt fire mode you can see litte explosions.
> but i don´t know, witch fire mode takes more damage.
> i think that the regular fire takes more damage at persons and the alt
> fire takes more damage at the vihicles like tanks or mantas or raptors
>
> but I don´t know if it is right

The primary fire does more damage, however the alt fire is more accurate and
more effective from a distance than the primary fire. And yeah i think alt
fire does do more damage to vehicles.