about the minigun in UT2004

Does the minigun have an alt fire, because it looks the same as the regular
fire. If anyone can tell me the difference between them (the 2 types of
fire) and what they actually do, that would be real cool.

thanks :)
11 answers Last reply
More about about minigun ut2004

    The primary fire is slower and more accurate, plus has a 'warm up' and
    'cool down' time. The secondary fire shoots pretty much the second you
    want it to, albeit faster and a lot less accurate.

    --
    Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen
    http://coryhansen.com

    "Shinnokxz" <shinnokxz@charter.net> wrote in message
    > The primary fire is slower and more accurate, plus has a 'warm up' and
    > 'cool down' time. The secondary fire shoots pretty much the second you
    > want it to, albeit faster and a lot less accurate.

    Really I haven't notice that :)

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 05:14:39 GMT, "Wesley" <ilovekiss@bless.you.com>
    wrote:

    >Really I haven't notice that :)

    For those that have played UT, they reversed the primary and secondary
    in UT2004, which still confuses me :-(

    Shinnokxz wrote:
    > The primary fire is slower and more accurate, plus has a 'warm up' and
    > 'cool down' time. The secondary fire shoots pretty much the second you
    > want it to, albeit faster and a lot less accurate.

    That was true in UT99, but didn't I read somewhere they'd reversed that
    action for 2k3 and 4 since most ut99 players used altfire only?

    --
    Flash
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "Killa" <killa@thrilla.com> wrote in message
    > Does the minigun have an alt fire, because it looks the same as the
    regular
    > fire. If anyone can tell me the difference between them (the 2 types of
    > fire) and what they actually do, that would be real cool.
    >
    > thanks :)

    My impression is that main fire shoots more projectiles with a slightly
    scattered pattern and Alt fire shoots less projectiles but with higher
    accuracy. So in close use the main fire, and use Alt fire to deter things
    like Raptors hovering above nodes. The minigun is less effective againsed a
    moving vehicle as you must lead with the shot to hit the target, similar to
    the machine gun on the Goliath.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "Shinnokxz" <shinnokxz@charter.net> wrote in message
    > The primary fire is slower and more accurate, plus has a 'warm up' and
    > 'cool down' time. The secondary fire shoots pretty much the second you
    > want it to, albeit faster and a lot less accurate.

    no, it is kind of stupid, but they changed that from ut to ut2004. In 2004
    alt fire is the slower more accurate fire while primary fire is the spray
    and pray mode.

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

    I did not know that most used alt fire so much. I use both primary and alt
    fire as required. alt fire for melee and primary if the tgt is mid range
    like flying a strange love rocket or similar. But most of the time close
    up its rockets all the way (until I kill myself with a salvo :-))

    Vis
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    I understood that while alt fire fires slower, each alt fire hit
    causes more damage. Therefore, I believed primary to be better for
    "spray and prayers" while alt was better for more accurate shooters.

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:08:12 +0000, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 05:14:39 GMT, "Wesley" <ilovekiss@bless.you.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Really I haven't notice that :)
    >
    >For those that have played UT, they reversed the primary and secondary
    >in UT2004, which still confuses me :-(
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Killa schrieb:
    > Does the minigun have an alt fire, because it looks the same as the regular
    > fire. If anyone can tell me the difference between them (the 2 types of
    > fire) and what they actually do, that would be real cool.
    >
    > thanks :)

    in the alt fire mode you can see litte explosions.
    but i don´t know, witch fire mode takes more damage.
    i think that the regular fire takes more damage at persons and the alt
    fire takes more damage at the vihicles like tanks or mantas or raptors

    but I don´t know if it is right
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    michaelschwenke15 enlightened us with:
    > in the alt fire mode you can see litte explosions. but i don´t
    > know, witch fire mode takes more damage. i think that the regular
    > fire takes more damage at persons and the alt fire takes more damage
    > at the vihicles like tanks or mantas or raptors

    The primary fire mode does more damage, but to a small point. The
    alternate fire mode does more splash damage.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "michaelschwenke15" <michaelschwenke15@tiscali.de> wrote in message
    > Killa schrieb:
    > > Does the minigun have an alt fire, because it looks the same as the
    regular
    > > fire. If anyone can tell me the difference between them (the 2 types of
    > > fire) and what they actually do, that would be real cool.
    > >
    > > thanks :)
    > >

    > in the alt fire mode you can see litte explosions.
    > but i don´t know, witch fire mode takes more damage.
    > i think that the regular fire takes more damage at persons and the alt
    > fire takes more damage at the vihicles like tanks or mantas or raptors
    >
    > but I don´t know if it is right

    The primary fire does more damage, however the alt fire is more accurate and
    more effective from a distance than the primary fire. And yeah i think alt
    fire does do more damage to vehicles.

Games Video Games