Graphic Card problem

shah7966

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
Hi friends...

I bought Gigabyte GV-GTX275UD-896H VGA card while i was working in USA from newegg..Now i am back to my homeland, INDIA.

It was working fine in my old system..

2 days back i bought a new X58 System with corei7 930,X58A-UD5 2.0 and Corsair 1600 dominators.

Yesterday when i placed my GPU in the system, the board doesn't POST..And it kept on restarting after every 10 sec or so..

I tested with an another ASUS 9600GT CARD and my system worked fine..

Now when i tested my VGA card in another machine still no display is coming in that machine too..and that machine doesn't seems to POST.

I am using a 700 WATT PSU...

When i power up the machine the FAN in the card rotates but no display comes..

PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME...

My card is in warranty but i cannot send it back to US, since there is a risk of customs and all.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
Zebronics PSUs are not meant for a Core i7 system.I would advise you to upgrade your PSU to a good brand.The best brands available in India are Corsair and Coolermaster.Get at least the Corsair 550 VX or the Coolermaster Silent Pro 600W if you want to overclock.

Helltech

Distinguished

With my first GTX 260 my 650 watt power supply (big enough to power a single 260), would NOT power the card, the fan would spin just like yours but I would have no video. So yes it is probable that your 700W power supply is not doing the job.

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
70%? I never heard of such standards. I suggest you get a reliable one from a well known brand with 80+ efficiency.

Based on my experience with crappy PSU's, they don't deserve to be paired with high end setup. You might risk losing your whole system due to PSU failure. If you can afford an expensive i7 CPU, then purchasing a $100-$200 PSU shouldn't be an issue

welshmousepk

Distinguished
You knwo which PSUs are high quality though right?

dont make the msitake of thinking expensive means good quality.

get something by corsair, seasonic, pc power and cooling, or of the atec earthwatts or OCZ modstream range.

buying another crappy PSU will not help.

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
juat as welshmousepk said, a well known brand are usually expensive. but a crappy PSU with a high price tag is also lurking out there. Make sure you don't fall into a trap (am I exaggerating this? lol)

To be precise, get a 80+ efficiency (preferably the gold one, if possible), good components (tier 1 capacitors), active PFC with at least 600W (higher is better though) of power rating from a well known brand. They usually give quite a long warranty to their products, reflecting the confidence they have about the quality. I'd really like to know the outcome. Just tell us when you've solved this issue. Good luck!

shah7966

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
Yeah...i'll go either with Corsair or Coolermaster this time.. i am not gonna do the mistake..

PSUs are very costly here in my country.. A simple 600W Corsair one comes around $160-$170

Tamz_msc

Distinguished

Though I prefer Corsair, the Coolermasters are more readily available.Get the CoolerMaster Silent Pro 600w.It is a very good one and is rated 80+ in efficiency.

shah7966

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
Hi friends...I bought Coolermaster silent pro 700W today...But still the same problem..Now if any one from US??

If yes then kindly help me..

Please let me know that if i send this VGA through DHL courier to US, then are US customs gonna charge any Import duties on it??. ..This product was originally purchased in US from newegg.com in 2009...