• Radeon
  • Laptops
  • Toshiba
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 21, 2010 12:40:21 AM

Hi,

I've been having some issues with the display driver on my Toshiba Satellite Pro A60; a seemingly common error with the ATI Radeon 7000 IGP going into an infinite loop and blue-screening, or defaulting to minimum screen resolution due to the driver shutting down, etc...

The problem seems to have gotten worse since. My laptop boots and goes to black screen with a flashing black... uh, underscore... text-prompt(??) and the ONLY way that seems to allow me to log on and use the laptop much at all is to boot in Safe Mode with Networking - which seems to be working fine - and until I can find some way to resolve the issue I've set the laptop to boot automatically in this manner.

I also attempted to reinstall Windows and replace anything lost by accident, only the laptop crashed partway through installation...

I'm kinda at a loss for what to do here - and if you've found any of my other threads you'll note I also have issues with my main PC too... much to my delight...

Regards,
KV

More about : toshiba satellite pro a60 display driver issue

August 16, 2010 12:02:11 PM

Hi,
I'm having the same problem with my Toshiba Satellite Pro A60. Sometimes it suddenly goes to lowest resolution, and a dialogue screen says i should restart my laptop. When i do that everything seems normal and a Windows message telle me that my computer recovered from a severe malfunction or something like that. But sooner or later the problem comes back.

A couple of days ago i used toshiba Product Recovery DVD-ROM to format the harddisc and reinstall XP. My computer crashed about 8 times before it worked, i thought it was because of a problem with the power supplie but reading your story it might have been something else to.

Also i installed the latest driver i had on the Additional Software CD (i think it's called ati2dvag.dll?). But no results..

Now i'm trying to find a newer driver but that seems very hard, since the Toshiba Support site seems to have forgotten about the A60 model :( 
The display chip used in my computer is ATI Mobility Radeon 7000 IGP AGP (0x4437), driver version 6.14.0010.6430 (9 mar. 2004)

What should we do? Can anyone help us please?

Greets,
Wouter
!