Been out of the Loop a while.

Tim

It's been a couple of years since I played UT and after a long stint with
Halo I just reloaded UT. I find it nice to see that there are still a loa
of servers still up but one thing I noticed is the version. Some are still
436, But I have seen 451 and others with differant version numbers. What's
the deal, Have I missed something? And do the Frag Feast still happen?

Tim-a.k.a- {AGUT}ODIN

sid

Tim wrote:

> It's been a couple of years since I played UT and after a long stint with
> Halo I just reloaded UT. I find it nice to see that there are still a loa
> of servers still up but one thing I noticed is the version. Some are
> still
> 436, But I have seen 451 and others with differant version numbers.
> What's
> the deal, Have I missed something?

There has been some further development work done, but only on the server
side. Security fixes and such I believe. It has been noted time and again
that this update is no good for clients wishing to play on t'internet

> And do the Frag Feast still happen?

No, Mr K eat all the pies :)
The frag fests dont happen either

> Tim-a.k.a- {AGUT}ODIN

{AGUT}7 of 23

--
sid
RLU 300284 Mdk 10.1 2.6.10

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:36:14 +0000, sid wrote:

> But I have seen 451 and others with differant version numbers.
>> What's
>> the deal, Have I missed something?
>
> There has been some further development work done, but only on the server
> side. Security fixes and such I believe. It has been noted time and again
> that this update is no good for clients wishing to play on t'internet

The update, IIRC, also leaves no way to roll back, short of backing up
your ut installation. If you decide to try 451 be sure you know how to get
back to 436, because you're gonna want to.

--
{AGUT}DeadMan

{AGUT}DeadMan wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:36:14 +0000, sid wrote:
>
> > But I have seen 451 and others with differant version numbers.
> >> What's
> >> the deal, Have I missed something?
> >
> > There has been some further development work done, but only on the server
> > side. Security fixes and such I believe. It has been noted time and again
> > that this update is no good for clients wishing to play on t'internet
> >

> The update, IIRC, also leaves no way to roll back, short of backing up
> your ut installation. If you decide to try 451 be sure you know how to get
> back to 436, because you're gonna want to.

\

I wish I'd known this a few days ago.....

Lisa

Tim

> The update, IIRC, also leaves no way to roll back, short of backing up
> your ut installation. If you decide to try 451 be sure you know how to get
> back to 436, because you're gonna want to.
>
> --
> {AGUT}DeadMan

That's why I ask first, I did a google on the 451 and it turns out that
Epic released it's UT99 source code to a bunch of programmers who wanted to
keep UT99 alive and kicking. One big problem with the 451 is that Unreal ED
will not work with the patch, But they don't go into detail as the benefits
of patching to 451. So I think I will shy away from it.

Flash

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001

Lisa Horton wrote:

>>The update, IIRC, also leaves no way to roll back, short of backing up
>>your ut installation. If you decide to try 451 be sure you know how to get
>>back to 436, because you're gonna want to.

> I wish I'd known this a few days ago.....

You can install your original 432 or 436 copy into the same directory
over the top, should you wish. Your settings remain untouched.

--
Flash