Sign in with
Your question

Asus bios definitions

Last response: in Motherboards
July 7, 2011 10:16:19 PM

I have an ASUS M4A785-M motherboard with a tri core AMD processor and 4gig Ram, XP pro running 32 bit so I am only able to see just a bit over 3 gig - There seems to be some latency when I first launch a program, but when running all seems OK. Wading the the BIOS ia have more questions than I care to ask here. Does anyone where there is a reference guide to the parts of the BIOS that would make sense to a moderately savy tech guy?

Wes

More about : asus bios definitions

a b V Motherboard
July 8, 2011 6:19:29 AM

32 bit OS is what is limiting your ram. There are a lot of terms in the bios is there anything in particular you were wondering about, as it would take a very long time to list and define all the terms.
m
l
July 15, 2011 2:03:54 AM

mlcaouette said:
32 bit OS is what is limiting your ram. There are a lot of terms in the bios is there anything in particular you were wondering about, as it would take a very long time to list and define all the terms.

You are right, main one that I am interested in "Ganged" or "Unganged Memory". MY CPU is a three core (started life as a 4 core but 4th did not come up) so it seems to me that two sticks of 4 Gig DDR2 memory would not be best running in "unganged" mode, but I am not sure. - Thanks
m
l
!