What is the difference between Nvidia 3D Vision & AMD Efinity and whi

devil hunter

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
What is the difference between the Nvidia 3D Vision & AMD Eyefinity and which one is the best in all point of view like performance, cost and usability.......

Solution
Well ATI eyefinity is a videocard specially designed to run lots of monitors in a huge display... I.e. having 3 24" 1080p monitors all sitting side by side and the screen/game spanning across all 3. They normally have more RAM on them to accomodate this. It has nothing to do with 3d...

Nvidia 3d video cards and hardware are just that... they include 3d gaming options as long as you have a monitor with 120hz and buy the hardware/glasses

lowriderflow

Distinguished
Well ATI eyefinity is a videocard specially designed to run lots of monitors in a huge display... I.e. having 3 24" 1080p monitors all sitting side by side and the screen/game spanning across all 3. They normally have more RAM on them to accomodate this. It has nothing to do with 3d...

Nvidia 3d video cards and hardware are just that... they include 3d gaming options as long as you have a monitor with 120hz and buy the hardware/glasses

Solution
I think you are referring to the nvidia surround 3D? That requires atleast 2 4xx series cards to drive all 3 screens while ATI eyefinity you can run all 3 screens off of a single card like a 5870 or 5970. There are some eyefinity edition 5870s that have 6 display ports and can run 6 monitors simultaneously.

devil hunter

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Is it possible to play the game on 3 displays in single large display(Eyefinity) mode in 3D view ? with Nvidia cards.

Is the game also should support to play the game in 3D view with Nvidia cards or not required ?

Timop

Distinguished

Nvida 3D surround is actually 3 things:

Nvida Surround is like Eyefinity, except you have to buy 2 cards.
Nvidia 3D is just the ability to play supported games in 3D with a $150 glasses kit and a $300 3D Monitor.
Though you can still play "3D" without the glasses/monitor buy using "3D Discover" which with a a pair red/blue 3D glasses you can enjoy sorta 3D effects.

You can mix and match any two of the technologies.

devil hunter

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
if i have 2 1920x1200 displays and 2 Nvidia cards. can i play the games in single large display(just like eyefinity) resolutions ? .

2 X 1920x1200 - 3840x1200 (single large resolution)

TRENDING THREADS