tedsomango

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
Just put everything together,

i think everything is where it should be,
when i started it up first it just turned on all the performance lights on the mobo then reset after 2 seconds..respectively.

then i decided there is another option to add more power to the mobo its a 12vx2 socket so i plugged it in and got 12 seconds of runtime untill it again reset...

system, is
intel i3
gigabyte mobo
ddr3 2 gb x 2
asus 5770 gpu
650 wat corsair
500gb hard drive blah blah blah

i plugged the compture in when the ram wasn't all the way secure could this have caused a problem.. honestly i am bewildered and lost right now,

Solution
Doing the bread-boarding step as mentioned in the sticky would be a really good idea.

Its quite possible its something simple like you have the plugs for the power and/or reset switches plugged in wrong so it contstantly wants to reset.

tedsomango

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
I will be taking the whole thing apart i guess i followed all the steps but i do not have a system speaker and i live on an island, so getting one here will be quite the hassle. maybe they have one at the local radio shack??..

Again what i am getting is the computer flips on everything starts up al right and then after 12 seconds the computer crashes and then it wants to do the same thing again, i guess the next step is to try just running the ram and the cpu?? maybe take the mobo off and them check the screws.. proceeding from her seems a bit dicey..

Thanks for your help

tedsomango

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
so i have unplugged everything but the cpu the hsk and the mobo seeing if i could get it to at least post and it doesn't want to stay on at that level, same thing just stays on for a couple seconds and them it trys again.

i think the issue is isolated to the mobo or the cpu.

just posting here updating as i try more things to see if anyone raises any flags about what i am doing.

Doing the bread-boarding step as mentioned in the sticky would be a really good idea.

Its quite possible its something simple like you have the plugs for the power and/or reset switches plugged in wrong so it contstantly wants to reset.

Solution

tedsomango

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010

just bread boarded, installed ram, cpu on mobo outside of the box and the cpu finally booted, i will now connect other pieces to see if i can get bios. Its like having a child or something really hectic your first time but man do you learn alot!!