Strike f1 ti reboot

rahamk

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
when i start my old computer it start to load then says strike f1 to reboot. Does anyone know why it does that and how I can fix it?

Thanks -- kyle

If that screen shows before your operating system begins to load, it is likely a hardware problem you need to resolve in the BIOS settings. It could be the BIOS is not detecting the HDD or has an IRQ conflict, or any of many other possibilities.
If the screen shows after you have booted to the operating system, then the OS has a problem with your hardware. If you are using windows, you can open the Device manager, and correct any yellow question marks or exclamation points.

Plumble

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Does it say "Strike F1 to reboot, F2 for setup utility"?

The F1 reboot option is normally either when hardware has changed or there is no boot device. Have you changed anything before this happened?

rahamk

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
Does it say "Strike F1 to reboot, F2 for setup utility"?

The F1 reboot option is normally either when hardware has changed or there is no boot device. Have you changed anything before this happened?

YEs thats what it says, and no i never have but it was a family computer so my sisters could have by accidnet, is it easy to change the boot up?

Plumble

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
What is the full message that it says?

Most common reason is no boot device available or something similar.
Probably worth trying to enter bios and re-selecting boot drive. If still same error the disk may have given up or might be the CMOS battery as daS_STIG said.