getting voice on LAN

killa

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

I have my a computer on a lan using a router, and i can't seem to get the
voice chat to work over it, when i'm playing UT2k4. Anyone know what i can
do to fix it. I know voice works on lan because i did it before. Is it
something to do with codecs?

because i pressed removed on the codec by accident, however the voice works
over the internet. Any suggustions?

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:25:20 -0500, "Killa" <killa@thrilla.com> wrote:

>I have my a computer on a lan using a router, and i can't seem to get the
>voice chat to work over it, when i'm playing UT2k4. Anyone know what i can
>do to fix it. I know voice works on lan because i did it before. Is it
>something to do with codecs?
>
>because i pressed removed on the codec by accident, however the voice works
>over the internet. Any suggustions?

Voice chat doesn't work on a "listen" server, which is the way most
people set up a LAN server.

killa

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:25:20 -0500, "Killa" <killa@thrilla.com> wrote:
>
> >I have my a computer on a lan using a router, and i can't seem to get the
> >voice chat to work over it, when i'm playing UT2k4. Anyone know what i
can
> >do to fix it. I know voice works on lan because i did it before. Is it
> >something to do with codecs?
> >
> >because i pressed removed on the codec by accident, however the voice
works
> >over the internet. Any suggustions?
>
> Voice chat doesn't work on a "listen" server, which is the way most
> people set up a LAN server.

Thanks that worked