Asus g50vt hangs at checking nvram

mcgivervii

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Hello,
I just built two Asus G50VT's from parts, Both work....one sort of, I just had the nvram hang happen, because of a nvidia windows 7 update I initiated at the nvidia site, thanks to the pull power,pull battery, press reset button(hidden well in ram/cpu compartment) worked great.
now it works, but the other one has a bios password on the motherboard I bought and it allows me to boot after 3 failed attempts but I can't get into the bios to change the system time. does anyone know how to clear the password? I tried the cmos battery unplug, UBCD tools even the standard OEM passwords I could find on the web,but alas to no avail. I think that the password is stored in some eeprom not directly part of the cmos because I did a dos aflash of all the current bios rom 205 209 210 and 213 all worked but password remained. any help would be appreciated.... thanks in advance.

mcgivervii

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011

Update..... I found an Asus Bios password service notebookschematic@gmail.com that for $12 and the default system date you can get the asus master password. I had left the system with bios 210 on it and a the default system date...every time you boot up... was January 08,2009. I paid and sent the date to the service and they replied with a question....why jan 08.... I explained that when you can't get into the bios to change the date, and do a blind bios flash then the system date is the default date of the bios... he included 4 possible passwords and I used 91DDO10D and it worked.... but I am sure this will only work if you have bios 210 installed and a system date of January 08, 2009.. I now have two fully functional G50VT's..... one will be on ebay in a couple of weeks.....lol