Hi, this is probably an easy answer... I did search similar posts to attempt to find an answer, with no luck.
I'm trying to use my secondary sata HDD from my old XP machine as a secondary drive on my new Windows 8 machine but it is not recognized.
- the drive worked fine on the old machine
- it has data which I want to keep (so I'd prefer not to format it)
- drive shows up in BIOS
- in disk management it has no volumes and there's a yellow error triangle next to the image, it also says "dynamic" and "foreign"
- there's no drive letter associated with it
- my XP was 32bit, but windows 8 is 64 bit (would this be the problem?)
I'm not sure.
I'm not completely clear on what dynamic and basic is, but I didn't do anything out of the norm on either system, so what ever is the default for xp (and windows 8) is very likely.
Let me know if you think it's worth while changing the drive over to the old computer to check this, and I'll do so.