HIS IceQ 5670 Problems

eagleowl

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
Hey Guys, I've got a HIS IceQ 5670 1GB that I think is failing. I've never had a problem with a graphics card before so this is a first for me. The card (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161334) has a DVI port an HDMI port. It's been working fine for about 2 months. This week is a different story. The DVI port seems to be working fine. The problem comes when I use the HDMI port. Every time I try to use the HDMI port, the screen freezes after a few minutes and I get a message in Windows 7 stating that the "graphics display has failed but has repaired/recovered itself." ??? Only it recovers for a little bit because it continues to crash again. Any thoughts?

eagleowl

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
It's the ASRock A785GMH/128M w/ PCIE 2.0.
The drivers are up-to-date. I'm thinking about pulling it, removing drivers & doing a complete install. We've been having internet issues so I've just been unmotivated to do it right now. I'm hoping that may fix it.

THREAD FAIL.

I know, I know I should have done what I said first before posting. Forgive me?

eagleowl

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
Alright, so I pulled the card. Uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled everything. WORSE! Now, it's not crashing and "fixing itself." Now it's freezing the whole system and making the system restart and sometimes blue screens. Any thoughts?